Breast Lift, No Implant, Keep Size, Improve Shape? (photo)

Hello. I'm a 41yo with one child, no plans for additional children. I'd like to improve the shape of my breasts, reduce the sagging and tighten them up. If possible without losing volume (I'm a very full B in a bra & LOVE how I look). Unfortunately, I lose the bra & look like the lady Nicholson kisses in the Shining. I realize scars will be involved. I would love to avoid the vertical scar but am realistic. What are my options? sternal notch to LT breast center nipple: 22.2 cm "RT ": 22.9 cm

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift Best Choice For Maximum Lift Without Implants

+2

Dear Miss Mallard,

I understand your concern in not wanting a vertical scar with your lift. The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift is ideal for women like yourself who do not desire a vertical scar or implants, but are too ptotic for a simple circumareolar or Benelli lift. The Mini UBL achieves maximum lift by transposing breast tissue and then anchoring it to maximise lift longevity. The vertical scar, which by the way, weakens the skin envelope is completely eliminated. The incision is hidden around the areola.

This technique can also be incorporated with an implant if you desire more volume.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rejuvenating aging breasts when happy with your size

+1

requires a mastopexy of some kind.  There are many different techniques out there so beware and educate yourself about them.  You should understand what your physician's revision policy is so you can be aware of your financial risks should things not work out to your desire.  If a patient presented to me with your appearances and desires, I would be recommended an autoaugmentation vertical mastopexy using the drooping tissues to augment the upper poles.  If native breast tissue was not important to you, you could consider a reduction with an augmentation but this is somewhat radical since you will be left with less native breast tissue should you ever desire to remove your implants.  Talk to your doctor and understand the options and revision policy!

Curtis Wong, MD

Improving Breast Shape/Size?

+1

Thank you for the question at pictures.

It will be in your best interest to meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals in detail. In my practice, I ask patients to bring in “goal pictures” to help with this communication process. Most patients in your situation elect to proceed with breast augmentation as well as breast lifting.  This operation will serve to  increase fullness ( to the degree you wish, especially superiorly)  and change the position of the press on the chest wall.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

In your case, I think you will be best off with a vertical mastopexy. Generally speaking, the  scars associated with breast lifting our most readily accepted by patients who are in a psychosocially  stable place ( for example  happily married and having had children).

Breast lift and no implants?

+1

If you only want a lift and do not want implants, just from the photos, it looks like you may be a good candidate for a vertical lift.  Otherwise, I do not think a circumareola procedure will benefit you.

Breast lift, with or without implants?

+1

Although a breast lift will improve the issue of sagging, the breast lift will probably not give you the upper breast pole fullness you are looking for without an implant.  The implant doesn't have to be large but it will improve the shape of the breast and may allow for a breast lift with fewer scars.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift - Do I Also Need Implants?

+1

Dear missmallard,

A breast lift is a wonderful way to lift sagging breasts.

Judging from your photos, you have a moderate degree of sagging with hollowing of the upper poles. A popular treatment choice for patients with your condition is a vertical ("lollipop") breast lift with a small to medium sized implant. A breast lift alone is another option, but most people prefer to have the additional fullness and lift that an implant gives.

Other options include a periareolar ("donut") lift or anchor lift with or without implants or fat grafting.

I would recommend that you see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a personalized evaluation.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Hello

+1

Thank you for the pictures, it sounds and looks like you would benefit from a modest implant and a modest breast lift to give you the results you are looking for. Without implants you will continue to have the slop on top of your breast. Going with 250 cc implants and a peri lift or Vertical lift would be your options. You should see a Certified PS to get all your options to achieve the look you want.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Your volume abd cup size will change with a lift

+1

Thanks for this interesting situation.  Yes your breast can be higher up on the chest so that when you take off the bra they don't come crashing down.  But to get you there with minimal scarring means a lift and an implant.  Since you have already declared that you won't consider this consider that removing all the extra skin means you will most likely go down a cup size when all is said and done.  Will it last more than a decade?  Possibly not.  In ten years you might look just like this again but with scars.  Implants act as internal splints and would hold your breast up for more than ten years (and you would have fewer scars.)  The trade off here is not losing the volume from a lift, a more permanent result, but dealing with an implant (which thousands of women do every year...they ARE safe and effective.)

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Breast Lift, No Implants, Just Want Tighter and Perkier

+1

You have all four classical signs of a patient who needs a standard breast lift.  Your areolar are too large, they are too low on the mound (also asymmetric), your breasts are hanging on the chest wall, and there is no fullness in the upper quadrant.  The first three problems are easily managed by a standard breast lift including the vertical scar.  The fullness in the upper quadrant will not be corrected unless you do an implant.  Also, raising your breasts up, even if minimal to no tissue is not removed, will make them look smaller.  You don't need an implant but you should at leas consider a small subpectoral silicone implant.  

If you decide to do the breast lift first and the implant as a second stage, that is okay too because you won't burn any bridges.  There are surgical tricks intra and post operatively which will decrease scarring and increase your satisfaction.  Be sure to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery experienced in all aspects of breast lift surgery. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift, No Implant, Keep Size, Improve Shape?

+1

Your headline request looks reasonable

A breast lift is usually done with very little removal of tissue--about a tablespoon of volume from each breast.Often, if you raise your arms over your head and look in the mirror you will see a reasonable simulation of the expected outcome, except for the scars. Often, the breast may look smaller when lifted despite no change in actual volume. If in that position you feel  too small, an implant, or fat injections can give added volume. 

The standards of nipple/areolar postion are

• nipple to notch distance of 20-22 cm
  • bottom of the areola above or even with the breast fold. 

Although your measurement is close to normal, the appearance is of a sagging breast, and you should expect a nice improvement. It may be possible to avoid a vertical scar, but I suspect you would have a better result with one.

Thanks for the question, the photos, and the measurements! Best wishes