Return to Work in 13 Days After Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation?

having breast lift (most extensive one) with aug,. and tummy tuck, i am a hairstylist will i be ok in 13 days to work?

After Mommy Makeover 13 Days Recovery Should Be Adequate for Hair Stylist

+2

We usually recommend two weeks recovery after Mommy Makeover but 13 days should be adequate for your occupation as a Hair Stylist.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/mommy-makeover/

Mommy Makeover Recovery

+2

It is very common for mommy makeovers to include both breast and tummy procedures. Your surgeon will determine if you are a good candidate for a combined procedure based on your health status (past medical history) and your physicial exam. In addition, your surgeon will determine if an overnight stay at the hospital is warranted. After surgery, your pain should be well managed with 1-2 oral pain pills every 4-6 hours. All my mommy makeover patients are ambulating a few hours after surgery (of course walking flexed at their waist given the tummy tuck). Most surgeons will likely recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 5-6 weeks.  So you will definitely need some help with the kids for about 1-2 weeks.  In terms of returning to work, I tell my patients they can return to a desk job 10-14 days after surgery.  Every surgical plan is unique/different so I encourage you to direct these questions to your surgeon and his staff. Mommy Makeovers are truly transforming procedures. I'm sure you'll love your results.

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

After 2 Weeks, Patients are Allowed to Resume Normal, Non Strenuous Activities Following Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation

+1

Recovery times vary from patient to patient following mommy makeover surgery. These times are significantly impacted by the nature of the procedure, the patient’s employment and the patient’s social situation. It’s important to remember that this is an extensive procedure that combines multiple individual operations. For this reason, premature return to normal activity can result in an increased incidence of complications.

We generally recommend light activity for the first two weeks following the procedure. Patient’s are allowed bathroom and kitchen privileges, but are encouraged to minimize activity. Light ambulation in a slightly flexed position is encouraged to avoid the formation of lower extremity blood clots. After two weeks, patients are allowed to resume normal non strenuous activities. Strenuous activities and heavy lifting are not allowed for at least six weeks. At six weeks, most patients are able to resume all of their normal activities.

It’s important to remember that every patient is unique. The specifics of their employment and procedure will have a significant impact upon their recovery. In some cases, return to full employment as a hair stylist may be possible two weeks after a mommy makeover. It’s very important that strenuous activities be avoided at work. Make sure you discuss this issue with your surgeon. Your surgeon’s insights regarding your procedure will provide important information regarding when you can return to full employment.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation

+1

Two weeks should be enough time for you to recover from breast augmentation and tummy tuck. Returning to work would be fine so long as you don't have to do any heavy lifting. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Recovery and time off following

+1

In many ways the combined surgery can slow you down. Recovery from breast implants requires 3-5 days off of work for a desk job. Time off and recovery from a tummy tuck typically takes about 2 weeks from a desk job. However when they are combined, it makes it more difficult to get out of bed because instead of using your stomach muscles (which have been repaired in the tummy tuck)  to assist you, you will use your arms but those will be sore from under the muscle placement of breast implants. Generally it will take 3 weeks for recovery from a mommy makeover in my experience.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/other-procedures-chicago/labiaplasty-and-mommy-makeover/

Recovery after a breast augmentation and tummy tuck

+1

Two weeks should be fine to return to work after a breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery.  You should avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity with your arms for about four weeks however.  As a hairstylist, your most difficult task may be holding the hairdryer,however by two weeks this should not be an issue for you.

Some patients can even go back to work in one week, but most patients are more comfortable with the two week time period.

Dr. Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Return to work after breast lift, augmentation and tummy tuck

+1

It is usually safe to return to work 2 weeks after a mommy makeover involving breast augmentation, lift and tummy tuck procedures you are undergoing. Always check with your surgeon and follow his/her recommendations if you are unsure.

Realistic expectations

+1

I will usualy  tell patients that they will need at least  2 weeks off of work after a Tummy Tuck combo or just a Tummy Tuck procedure.  Going back to soon, could cause unforseen post operative problems, but certinly if you are healing properly and your Drains are removed from your Tummy Tuck going back to work sooner is fine.  Consult with at least 3 different surgeons and perhaps talk to their previous patients.  Remember everyone heals at a different rate of time. 

Re: returning to work

+1

After a breast augmentation, my patients can return to work after 3 days. After a tummy tuck it isusually a week.

Tummy tuck, breast lift , augmentation

+1

You know your self and body. You know your tolerance. Discuss these issues with your Plastic Surgeon. When you and your plastic surgeon are comfortable then you can go back to work. Remember complications can happen and this will delay your return to work.

If you are investing in your self then give royr body ALL the time to heal