Mini Breast Lift Revision w/o Implant Exchange?

I am 5"7 and weigh 160 lbs. I was a full c and had a lift and implants 4years ago. I am now a 38 DD. I feel that my breasts are heavy and feel i need another lift, my breasts seem to weigh more at the bottom. (not extremly). Can I get a mini lift and keep the same implants or do I have to get smaller ones?

Breast Lifting Revision Options?

+1

whether or not you change your breast implants at the time of revisionary surgery will depend on your specific goals. If you wish to have smaller breasts,  then downsizing of the breast implants will be helpful. On the other hand, if you're happy with the size of the breasts then ( assuming your breast implants are in good condition)  exchange of the breast implants is not necessary.

Make sure you communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon;  this is a crucial step towards achieving your desired  and results.

Redo breast lift and keep implants in place

+1

It can be done  but I prefer to adjust the implant volume to fit the body frame .

For lasting effect of the lift, smaller implants are preferable thus avoiding repeated procedures.

Erel Laufer, MD

Mini lift and keep implants

+1

If your breasts are hanging a bit and are too large, you more than likely  can have a revision lift and keep the implants in.

+1

Yes you can. As the previous expert posters (Drs. Rand, Placik, Aldea) stated seek in person evaluations. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Breast mini lift with breast implant in place

+1

In my opinion, you should consider removing the implants otherwise it is very likely you will need repeated lifts due to ongoing ptosis or could experience bottoming out of the implant.

Repeat breast lifts

+1

Yes, you can redo the lift plus a reduction and leace the implants alone.  You need at lease some reduction from your current size to take weight off and help the lift last.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Do I HAVE to reduce the size of my Breast Implants with a Redo Breast Lift?

+1

Regarding: "Mini Breast Lift Revision w/o Implant Exchange?
I am 5"7 and weigh 160 lbs. I was a full c and had a lift and implants 4years ago. I am now a 38 DD. I feel that my breasts are heavy and feel i need another lift, my breasts seem to weigh more at the bottom. (not extremly). Can I get a mini lift and keep the same implants or do I have to get smaller ones
?"

There is no law on the books forcing anyone to give up large implants. But, logic would dictate that since none of us is immune to the effects of gravity, including the implants which took you from a full C to a DD and in only 4 years already reversed your breast lift, you MAY want to "lighten the load". Lifting a heavy load will obviously be a temporary fix - again - but it can be done, as long as you understand that. On the other hand, changing to smaller implants or taking the implants out AND performing a breast lift WILL yield a much longer lasting breast lift result.

Dr. Peter Aldea