26 years old, 5ft2, 145lbs, DD cup: Do I Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

I am getting ready to schedule my first appointment with a plastic surgeon. I never though I had a saggy chest until recently. I am 26, 5'2, 145 pounds and a 36DD. My chest changed after pregnancy and weight loss. Do I need a breast lift, breast reduction, or a lift and implants or nothing at all? Thanks for any info.

Do I need a breast lift?

+1

The operation that would be best for you depends on what you want to achieve.  If you just want to be lifted and stay the same size, a mastopexy(breast lift) is the best operation.  If you want to be a little smaller, then you should have a reduction.  Implants will increase breast size. My best recommendation is to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your particular options.  Best of luck.

Breast rejuvenation after pregnancy

+1

does include all of the procedures you mention.  As to what would be recommended would depend on what your goals are and what anatomy your are starting with.  But shooting from the hip, I do think you do need at least the lift/reduction (depending on what you want), with or without an implant.  Make sure you communicate this to your surgeon and know your surgeon's revision policy.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

If you are happy with the size of your breasts, then you would benefit from a breast lift.  If you would like your breasts larger or fuller, implants can be placed at the same time as a lift.  However, the result will be technique and surgeon dependent.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast lift , augmentation , reduction?

+1

breast lift , augmentation , reduction?

1. a lift is indicated
  2. a reduction if you want to be smaller
  3. an implant if you need to shape the upper breast but it will make you larger

Breast lift without sacrificing volume

+1

It appears from your photos that you need a lift.  This will also reduce the diameter of your areolae, another of the side effects of enlargement and deflation.  If you like your basic size, when propped up in the right bra to neutralize your shape, no need for any implants.  You should ignore the skin that will stick out above the bra when you do this, since that is usually empty beneath.  You can get more upper fullness with internal sutures at the time of a lift.  I have found this much more effective for upper fullness while implants tended to be disappointing. And if you decide to have children again later, this should not interfere.

Myles Goldflies, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

+1

Your photo shows that the nipple is well below the fold of the breast so a breast lift would be a good option for you. Determining whether to do a lift, reduction, or lift and implants depends on the size and shape you want your breasts to be. There are many types of breast lifts that can be done so make sure you ask your plastic surgeon to review your options with you.

Thomas G. Liszka, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

+1

Based on your photo, you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift.  You need to decide if you have enough breast volume, too much volume, or not enough.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to determine the procedure that works for you.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast rejuventaion options

+1

Good morning

The answer to your question depends upon what goals you are trying to achieve.  If a higher perkier breast is your goal, I would recommend a breast lift with or without implants.  If your question is if you would likely be happy with only breast implants, I would say that you would likely not be happy with the outcome of only placing a breast implant.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD

Breast Lift?

+1

A breast lift (Mastopexy)  would give you perkier breasts and it would also reduce the size of your areola.  If you are already a DD you may not want implants but that is something you will have to discuss with your plastic surgeon as to the size you want to end up with.  In some cases the breast lift and the implants have to be two staged procedures. 

Fred Hackney, MD

Breast lift

+1

All of the above mentioned options are possible. It all comes down to your goals.

That is:

1. Do you just want a lift and keep the same size: then a breast lift will do
  2. A lift and reduce the volume: then a breast reduction
  3. A lift and increase your upper pole volume: then a lift with implant

I hope this helps and good luck.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon