27 years old, B cup wanting a full C: Do I Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

I am a 27 year old female. I have seen 2 doctors about a breast augmentation and the second doctor told me I needed a breast lift. I barely fit into a size B and would like to fit into a C. I am also not happy with my shape because I feel like they are too narrow and tubular. Any advice would be very appreciated as I am considering having the operation as soon as the next few weeks. Thank you.

Do I need an uplift?

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs that help to give a more meaningful answer, however will never substitute for a face to face consultation. There is a possibility of a satisfactory result with an implant alone however its more likely that the best result would necessitate an uplift at some point. It would be worth trying first with an anatomical high profile implant and review after three months.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation can sometimes obviate the need for a mastopexy.

+2

The amount of droopiness or services that you have is modest. I would guess that a breast augmentation if you are in the market that would camouflage the ptosis and obviate the need for a mastopexy.

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+2

Thank you for this question and for the posted photos. I concur with the surgeon who recommends a lift. Implants alone will increase your size, but will not address the other issues that bother you. 

The lift might well require only an incision around the areola, but an in person exam would be needed to make that recommendation.

Were you to elect implants alone, you might get an acceptable result, but if not there would not be a reason you couldn't follow up with a lift later.

All the best. 

Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation?

+1

Your  photos show mild drooping of your breasts and a relatively narrow base as you stated in your question.  A consultation is needed so that you can be examined and a proper medical opinion given, but generally patients with this concern have a number of options.  

Breast augmentation with release of the base of the breasts may improve both the drooping and the narrowness the breasts.  Alternatively, a  breast lift with or without release of the base of the breast ay be considered.  See my website for photos of breast lift and breast augmentation procedures.

Fredrick A. Valauri, MD

Do I need a breast lift?

+1

Thank you for your photos.  For the most optimal result, I would recommend a lift with your breast augmentation.  The augmentation alone will increase your size and volume but you mentioned that you did not like the shape and it will not address that concern.  Best bet would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam and go over options then. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lift?

+1
If would be good to see a side view, but I think you would need a lift. I would do this with an implant and perform a circumareolar lift where the scar would be hidden around the areolar which can be made smaller as well.

I wish you the best in your decision,
Dr Michael Gartner

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Lift

+1

ideally i would like to see lateral photographs and /or examine you to determine if you need a lift in addition to the implants. If you have mild ptosis and just have enlargement then you will have larger mildly ptotic breasts. however you have to weigh this with permanent scars and only you can make the final decision

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Probably a lift too...

+1

I think you do need a lift and I know that is a big decision to make at your age but implants alone really will not give you the result you want most likely...So find a surgeon you feel comfortable with and think it over. Again, it is a very big decision at your age...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

+1

You might very well benefit from a breast lift when you have an augmentation. WIthout seeing other photos but more importantly performing an exam in person it is difficult to say exactly which procedure would be best.

Breast Lift Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on these pictures, I think you will do better with breast augmentation along with a circumareolar breast lift. Otherwise, it is likely that you will remain displeased with the position of the breasts on the chest wall and/or the shape of the breasts. It will be important for you to learn about the poytential downsides (and a sense of realistic expectations) of breast lifting/augmentation as well. You may find the attached link helpful to you in this regard.

Best wishes