22 years old, 2 children, planning on getting a C or D cup: Do I Need a Breast Lift? (photo)

I am 22 I have had 2 children. I used to be a C cup when I was a teen. Then I got pregnant and lost a bunch of weight. I am planning on getting a C or D implant. Will I need a lift also? Or could the implants be put in and not sag way down?

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+2

The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift is a new technique for lifting breasts.  This technique has the advantage of lifting the breasts higher on the chest wall but also more medial.  In your photographs, your breasts are too far apart and there is no cleavage.  If you just undergo implants without a lift, you will be dissatisfied with the lack of cleavage and your areolas will be pointing laterally and inferiorly.  I recommend a Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift to transpose your breasts higher and more medial to increase your cleavage.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
You could certainly benefit from a breast lift. A Benelli type lift that only includes a ring of areola would not be sufficient for you. An anchor lift with a small implant would work best.

Howard N. Robinson, MD

Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1

You have a large deflational component, for which an implant can improve the skin envelope markedly.  The size of implant selected as well as a physical exam will determine the appropriate lift for you.

When is a breast lift needed?

+1

The standard for deciding this is whether your nipple hangs lower than your inframammary fold.  Your photos do not make this clear but I get the impression that they do not.  It is common for one side to be lower than the other and if this is not considerable, I tell similar patients in my practice to have the augmentation alone and then decide if the lift is needed later.  When the lift is of minimal magnitude, I am able to do this in the office under local saving my patients considerable amounts.  This way you can decide if only one side needs attention or if both sides need the lift.  Implants are only guaranteed to make you fuller and larger.

Curtis Wong, MD

Do I Need a Breast Lift during Breast Augmentation?

+1

During my evaluation of patients for breast augmentation, the first measurement I make is to determine if the breasts are even and, based on standard measurements, does the patient need a breast lift.  From what I can see, a breast lift seems appropriate for you despite the fact that you are considering larger implants.  I recommend you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs breast augmentation regularly to confirm this. 

Best wishes!!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you for your post, there are many women with the same question.  The answer to your question difficult to determine based on the available information. From your pictures it appears that there is some breast asymmetry with the left breast being larger and sagging more.   First, what is the end result you wish to achieve.  Is it larger fuller breasts in clothing?  Then you would not have to have a lift.  Is it youthful symmetrical breasts without clothing?  Then a breast lift to correct nipple position and asymmetry would be needed.  Think about what you want and discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Best of luck to you.   

Bernard Kopchinski, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

Thank you very much for the photos.  I believe that you can achieve a very natural result with breast implants only.  A sufficiently sized implant will bring you to a C/D-cup which is important for you to understand before pursuing surgery.  With a smaller implant you may need a circumareolar (Benelli) lift to achieve an optimal aesthetic result.  

Best of luck!!!!!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

It is hard to tell for the angles of the photos you show, but to me it looks like you need a vertical lift with implants to achieve the best result.   It looks like  your nipples are too low to get by with only an implant.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Avoid the breast lift

+1

With a very full implant you will improve the nipple position without a lift. The D-cup may be a challenge as your breast is thin, and chest broad, and a very full implant or a higher profile might look round and have a 'gap' that can be troubling.

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

Depending on the size implants you select,it may be possible to enlarge you breasts with sufficient lifting from the implants to avoid a breast lift

If the nipples are low, a circumareolar lift should be sufficient

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon