Deflated and needing implants: Do I also need a breast lift? (photo)

I definitely want implants as I feel deflated. I am torn on the breast lift. I've seen 4 dr's. 2 dr's said I needed the lollipop lift. One dr said I could do a small lift just by cutting a crescent shape above the nipple and then lifting. The last dr said no lift necessary. I'm looking for natural "womanly" looking breasts and I don't want to look like I have bullets or coconuts sitting on my chest. Is it possible to do just implants only and achieve the look I want or do I need the lift?

Have Breast Implants First Decide On Lift After 6 Months

+1

Thank you for your question. You do have glandular ptosis which means that the breast gland falls below your inframammary crease. You certainly can have breast implants without a breast lift and you may be perfectly happy with the result.

If after the breast implants have settled you feel that you have too much sag then a breast lift can be more accurately done as a second procedure.

However if you're happy with the appearance your breast after implants alone then you will be able to avoid the scarring associated with a breast lift.

Best to first have a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon

+1

A personal consultation is necessary in order to give you a more accurate evaluation. Many women who undergo breast lift surgery choose to have breast implants, and breast implants alone provide a certain degree of lifting. I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and concerns.

David Whiteman, MD

Eliminate the implant, Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

You definitely want implants because your breasts are deflated and question whether you need a lift.  The photographs show your breasts are too low and the areolas are below the inferior edge of the pectoralis major muscle even with your arm elevated.  However, one alternative that you have not discussed is a lift without implants.  There is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift which allows you to lift your breast tissue, reshape it and increase the cleavage.  This is done through an incision around the areola avoiding ugly vertical incisions.  This all natural operation avoids implants therefore eliminating their associated complications including descent.  If you are satisfied with the cup size then I recommend The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

If your breasts looked as they do without elevated arms (which partly simulate a lift) I would say no to the lift and encourage implant alone. 

A breast lift is usually done for one of these reasons:
•elevate the nipple and areola
•remove excess skin from the breast (after weight loss, pregnancy, aging)
•create or restore symmetry

As far as nipple and areolar position, yours appear to be borderline. We look at the distance from the top of the breast bone, normal being 8 to  9 inches. Because that can vary some with patient height and the position of the breast on the torso, our principal landmark is the breast fold, and the bottom of the areola should be even with or above the fold. In the attached photo, that's where they are.

A photo with the arms down at your sides, with a side view might ellicit a different response. Consider attaching the added photos.

Lift?

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photo alone with your arms elevated.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

Based on ONLY one posted photo and no in person examination I would recommend ultra high silicone implants in 400 cc range without any lift. If after 3 month you still feel you could/should be higher than consider a lifting operation under Local anesthesia 

Breast Lift or Just Implants

+1

We would need to see a lateral picture and also a picture with your arms at your sides.  With your arms up, like in your picture, you are lifting up your breasts and it changes the shape of your breasts.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Impossible to know with the one pic you provide

+1

in order to determine if you need a lift and which time, you need to provide a side view and front view with your arms down.  i will say, that with each passing year of practice, if it looks like you might need the lollipop lift, you probably should get one. in those cases where the surgeon thinks you might get away with just a crescent mastopexy, you probably should go with former since the scars fade nicely and it gives a much better lift.

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

+1

With your hands in the air, the breasts are a bit distorted.  Often in patients with minimal droop, I can perform a breast augmentation and a circumareola lift and the result looks great.  But it depens upon yoru appearance. Good luck.

Breast lift needed? #breastaugmentation

+1

Well, this is always a tough discussion. We all know that a lift requires other incisions on the breast. I am not a fan at all of the crescent lift that one doctor described to you. Many people do them but I tell my patients it is a compromise operation. If you need a lift, you need a lift. For you, the borderline patient, there are options but it all depends on your goals. The term "natural" means something different to every person. If you are referring to natural meaning more droopy not high up on the chest wall implants then sure, you may be able to achieve that with a larger implant that will then hang more low on your chest wall. Almost all of my patients that need a lift and want implants want them high and perky. Not big, but high and perky. If that is what you desire then yes you need a lift. This is a very tough surgery because we are changing so many things at one time. The issue here is that when we place an implant behind the muscle in a more droopy or ptotic breast the implant stays high and the breast tissue droops. That is why we then have to make incisions to then tighten the skin envelope around the breast and relocate hanging breast tissue up higher over the implant. It is a beautiful operation when done well. So, only you and the surgeon you end up trusting and going with can decide. But, what you need to decide is, do you want a larger version of what you have but slightly more lifted with an implant only, or are you going for the breast higher and more rejuvenated on the chest wall look which will require a lift, even if it is nothing more than a small lift. I had so many patients early in my practice that I did not do a lift on because they were borderline, and now I tell them even a small lift taking a little skin out and tightening things up is so much more aesthetic for many people. You have to be ok with the incisions on the breast though.

Richard J. Brown, MD