Do I Need a Breast Lift With My Implants? (photo)

i would like to get breast implants and preferably without a lift and i would like an experts opinion, can i achieve a perked look with breast implants alone or will a breast lift be in order. As you can see from the picture they are deflated/empty at the top due to breast feeding

Breast lift with implants for perkier breasts

+1

You will most likely need implants for added volume and you will probably not need a lift.  The implants themselves can give a nice lift as long as they are of a good size (300cc.)

+1

Thank you for posting pictures with your question. It is always difficult when you do not show all the angles that we normally take in our office. Your left nipple is lower than the right with slightly more droop. Because I can not see your shoulder level you might be leaning to the left causing this discrepancy. You do have great shape from what I can see and your nipple areola complexes seem to be at or above the breast crease. I think an implant alone will give you great upper pole volume and as they settle over time it looks like you would have great natural shape as well. When making this kind of a decision you must seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to make sure that you are getting the best advice.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Lift or just implants

+1

Photos can be a bit deceiving based upon the angle of the shot. But in general from your photos, it looks like you  may not need a lift.  Always best to be properly evaluated in person.

Do I need a lift with my implants?

+1

You can get breast implants without a lift, it just depends on your expectation. It's best to sit down with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to give you the best advice.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lift Needed with Implants?

+1

For an ideal shape and nipple position, it is likely that you need a small lift, but you can likely get away without one. This is a conversation you need to have with your surgeon in detail. It is likely you can revisit the possibility of the lift later if needed. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

Generally speaking you do not need a lift but you have significant breast asymmetry with the left breast being smaller and the left nipple lower and more diverging than the right. If you just put in implants you will likely increase the visible asymmetry. It may be better to adjust the left nipple position and place a larger implant on the left at the time of surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Breast lift with implants?

+1

Based on your photos, you could get an excellent result with implants alone depending upon the size.  Very large implants will likely have some drooping without a lift, but will also look natural.  Remember that large breasts cannot defy gravity.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Needed?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full indication of your goals,  I think that it is very likely that you will do well with breast augmentation only. Although your breasts may be “deflated/empty” after breast-feeding,  they have retained a pretty shape and position on the chest wall.

The best advice I can give you online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Lift or no lift

+1

Implants will likely sit low on the chest wall, but not worth the scars of a lift. 

Clifford King, MD
Middleton Plastic Surgeon

Lift or No Lift

+1

A good exam with breast measurements will give you the most accurate answer.  Based on the pictures you may not need a lift.  This is based on the position of the nipple in the lateral view picture.  The nipple is above the fold (crease).  Typically this position of the nipple does not require  a lift.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS