Would a Breast Lift Be Enough? (photo)

I am content with the size of my breasts -- 30-32D -- however, after 60+lb weight loss my breasts have sagged quite a bit. What can I expect from a breast lift? I would prefer to not have implants for many reasons, but I worry that I will still be unhappy after a lift... Thanks!

Ultimate Breast Lift=upper pole fullness without breast implants

+2

With the Ultimate Breast Lift you can expect to have high, perky and natural appearing breasts without breast implants and no vertical scar. The UBL reshapes and permanently anchors your breasts to minimize restretching of the skin envelope. It has also completely eliminated the vertical scar which in the past has resulted in 'bottoming out' due to weakening of the skin envelope. Think about it. Placing an incision at the point of maximum tension is an architecturally faulty.

Do your research, this is a great start.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Would a breast lift be enough?

+2

If you are happy with your breast size but want less overhang and a higher nipple postion, a breast lift alone will will reshape your breast and, as it pushes your breast tissue upwards, the fullness at the bottom of your breast will be moved into the mid and lower portion of your lifted breast, so the contour will be better.  It will NOT give you more fullness in the UPPER portion of the breast...only an implant will do that. If you want larger breasts or more upper fullness to the breast or just generally a more "filled" breast, you will want an implant.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Would a Breast Lift Be Enough?

+1

If you are content with the size, a lift alone should be sufficient. One at home maneuver--raise your arms overhead, as this simulates a lift. The breasts may appear smaller--sagging breasts may appear larger than they are. If the size is still OK, do the lift alone. If not, think about implants. 

All the best .

Is A Breast Lift Without Implants Enough For Me?

+1

Congratulations on your tremendous accomplishment...60+lb weight loss!!!!!

A breast lift without implants can elevate your breasts to a more desirable position.  Without implants, however, you would still have the 'flattened' appearance in the upper part of your breasts.  

The decision to do a breast lift with or without implants is truly dependent on what you feel would be a very nice result.  I often find that women with similar breasts as yours are most happy with a breast lift AND implants.  While the implants may increase your breast size, you can choose very small implants that will 'perk up' your breasts yet still keep them very NATURAL appearing.

Ask your surgeon to review with you photos of patients who have chosen both approaches. This may help you to visualize which option is best for you.

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

A lift in itself will not give you superior fullness that you will get with a modest implant. Getting a Medium lift like a vertical with a modest implant in range of 290-350cc would give you still natural results. Without an exam it’s hard to say what your end results would be. You should a get a Consultation with a certified Plastic Surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Choosing between breast implants and breast lift

+1

If you are planning on having more children, a breast implant alone would suffice, as future pregnancies may induce more sagging.  Breast implants will significantly improve your breast contour.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Is a lift enough

+1

Women complain about two things when they ask for a lift.  One is that they get rid of the scoop up above, or upper pole fullness.  This can only be done with an implant.  The other is the nipple pointing at the floor, and that is a lift.  But this includes scars on the breast.

Dan Mills, MD

Would a #BreastLift Be Enough? (photo) ANS:

+1

If what you don't like about your breasts is the droop, then a lift would definitely help correct that..Usually a lift does decrease the size of the breast a bit. An implant helps give just a little more upper pole fullness to the breasts, which many women with droop are missing and looking for! But you certainly can correct the droop with a lift!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without implants?

+1

Breast size can decrease slightly with a breast lift. It is important to determine what your goals are. If you would like to have a full and perky breast then an implant will help achieve this. A breast lift alone will result in an improved breast contour, but will not achieve more projection than what you have now. 

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting Only after Significant Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss; you should be very proud of this accomplishment. Whether or not you will be happy with the results of breast lift surgery alone will depend on exactly what your goals are. For example, if you wish to achieve more fullness/ firmness of the breasts,  you will find that it is very difficult to do so without the use of breast implants. 

You will be best off meeting with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons;  communicate your goals clearly with them. I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication.

Also, ask to see examples of patients  who have had similar surgery performed;  this  research will allow you to decide whether  breast lifting alone will meet  your objectives.