Do I Need a Breast Lift or Not with Breast Implants? (photo)

Been to a consult and the doctor told me I had grade 3 sagging that I would more in likely need a lift before implants. Does it look like it to you? He said that the only good thing in my case is that I have naturally small breasts so depending on the size it could be filled. Please give me your advice? Thanks

Breast lift (mastopexy) and implants

+1

You will require both a lift and implants to achieve an aesthetically pleasing breast.  These two procedures are typically dnoe at the same time.  Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

The Ultimate Breast Lift for sagging breasts

+1

Hi,

You most definetely need a lift. Silicone gel implants placed behind the muscle and repositioning your existing breast tissue will give you a very nice result. However, be careful not to select overly large implants ( >350cc) for they will stretch your tissues in the long run creating the same effect you have now, but worse. Using the Ultimate Breast Lift technique will give you the lift you need without a vertical scar. In your case the only incision needed is around the areola. Do your homework! Research, research, research! This is a great start!

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift will give you a more appealing look.

+1

Getting breast implants without a lift may make you look good when you wear a bra, but when you take your bra off your result won't look so good.  I would most definitely recommend a lift at the same time.  Otherwise you will get a ball in a sock look.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast lift and implants

+1

Based upon your photos, I think that you would benefit from breast augmentation and a lift.  An exam in person is essential to provide the most accurate information.

Without a doubt, you need a lift.

+1

An aumentation alone would provide a less than desireable result.  Your loose skin and stretch marks indicate a loss of elasticity.  Your breasts need to be shaped in the form of a mastopexy, with anchoring of the tissue to help prevent recurrent drooping.  A small to moderate sized implant will provide more fullness, and should provide a nice, youthful appearance to your breasts.  Please don't insist on a large implant -- Although this may look OK at first, your long term results would likely be compromised.  Stay conservative with you choice on implant size!

Gregory Swank, MD
Hickory Plastic Surgeon

Implant vs Lift.

+1

An implant adds volume while a lift shapes the breast tissue/re-positions the areola.  An implant alone would result in larger breasts but with your breast tissue partially hanging off of the lower part of the implant.  The breast lift in your case is designed to re-position that hanging breast tissue up onto the implant so that your natural breast base overlaps your breast implant base.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Lift Question

+1

Yes you need a lift.  Your skin is thinned and has stretchmarks, indicating it has lost elasticity. Your breast are small and relatively narrow.  Although your inframammary fold is high, lowering the fold and utilizing a small, limited incision lift like the periareolar/benelli/donut/circumareolar lift is unlikely to give you a really pretty result, and puts you at risk for double bubble deformity, persistent ptosis, and an abnormally shaped areola with thickened scars.  You will need a full lift to reposition your nipples well above your fold without the need to lower your fold, a risky maneuver with your tissues.  The full lift is also the most like to completely transform the appearance of your breasts with a long-term good result.

All you need to do to confirm what I'm telling you is to ask your prospective surgeon to show you photos of women with similar breasts as yours who have gotten a limited incision lift.  If they even have any examples to show you, let me know if you like what you see.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Do I need breast lift? (photo)

+1

To get from what you have now to beautiful breasts will, in my opinion, require more than just augmentation and lift.  Your inframammary fold is high, base width of breasts is narrow, and chest is broad.  Accordingly, the breast parenchyma needs to be remodeled over implants that match your chest, inframammary crease needs to be lowered, and because of your short areola to inframammary crease distance and lower pole skin deficiency, an areolar mastopexy (modified "Benelli" type), in my opinion, will produce the finest result.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast Lift Needed?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, I think you will benefit from breast lifting along with breast augmentation surgery. This does not necessarily have to be done in 2 stages.

It will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Augmentation lift combo

+1

After looking at your picture, you definitely need an augmentation with a lift. All at the same time. If you go as large as a c cup or more, a peri areolar lift would be fine. Remember that an experienced breast plastic surgeon can do it all in one sitting with minimal discomfort. Ask for a pain pump. Works great. Thanks. Luis a vinas md. West palm beach, fl. 

Luis A. Vinas, MD