Are There Options For a Breast Lift Without Evidence Of Surgery or Scarring?

What procedure could be done for a breasts lift which will not leave evidence of cosmetic surgery or scaring. I have seen videos and I am afraid of noticible scars. My breast sit on my abdoment and my nipple are shifted looking downward. I am a 34DD

Yes, it's called the Ultimate Breast Lift

+2

Dear Kiana,

Based on your discription, you most definitely need a lift. The traditional technique developed in 1957 involved the Wise pattern which results in vertical scars. There is a newer technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that does not produce vertical scars. The incisions are hidden around the areola and in the shadow of the breasts. This technique also transfers the weight of the breast to the underlying pectoral major muscle which produces long term elevation, upper pole fullness and relieves pain. It's worth looking into. Best wishes,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lioft Surgery and the Trade-off Of Scars

+1

In short, there are no non-scar breast lift techniques. Breast lift surgery is about choosing between two problems; continued sagging breasts or uplifted breasts with scars. Each has its own aesthetic disadvantages and you have to decide which one you can live with the best. When it comes to scars, yoru decision to accept them has to be absolute and unequivocal. While no one wants them, the happy breast lift patient is the one who before surgery has a clear mindset that whatever the scars will look like after surgery has to be better than the way their breasts look now. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast lift without scars is like ice without cold (NOT possible)!

+1

Although there will be doctors who will suggest all sorts of "minimal scar" breast lifts, for 34DD breasts with downward pointing nipples, none of these lifts will produce the results that a full Wise pattern ("anchor" pattern) breast lift can match. Trying to shape the skin brassiere in one dimension only (vertical lift) only causes unnaturally long scars, excessive forces just below the "lifted" nipple that distort the appearance of the breast shape and cause widened and irregular scars, and frequently require additional surgery to "fix."

Benelli or donut lifts will not provide enough lifting in most cases such as yours, plus will leave puckered or stretched scars based on the circumference differential. Crescent lifts are essentially worthless.

For an example of a patient who underwent 3 operations by 2 surgeons (who tried to do "less-scarring" lift options) prior to my operation to "fix" her mess, click on the link below.

Sorry, but scars will be necessary, so the real question should be how to find a ABPS-certified plastic surgeon who has the artistic ability to cut and shape your skin brassiere to yield a pleasing cosmetic result, AND the tissue-handling finesse and delicate suturing skills of an artist. Healing is up to the genetics of the patient, but there is no substitute for careful tissue manipulation and precise technique with a skilled and experienced surgical plan, markings, and skin tailoring.

Sort of like a K-Mart suit coat vs. an expertly fitted, cut, and hand-tailored suit coat. You can always tell quality work! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift trades droopiness for scars

+1

drooping of the magnitude you describe requires a mastopexy procedure for correction.  this operation results in visible scars on the breast - if the scars are even less desirable in your eyes than the droopy breasts, then you should not have this operation. if the scars are a reasonable trade for improving the droopy (ptotic) look, then you probably would be happy with the improvement this procedure provides. be sure to remember the scars will fade considerably over a year's time, so you have to be a little patient.

suggest you consult a board certified plastic surgeon and look over lots of pre/postop photos they should be able to show you. good luck.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting Without Scarring?

+1

There is no good way to lift breasts this with “little or no scarring”. Based on experience, I would suggest that your first concern should be obtaining the best results possible (scarring concerns should be secondary).  Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 

In other words, if you select your surgeon based on  the offer of a “limited scar” procedure you may be disappointed with the results.

Breast lift without incisions

+1

Sorry, but there are no techniques to perform a breast lift without placing incisions somewhere on the breasts. Sometimes for minimal lifts and implants a circumareola incison is all that is used.

Breast Lift and Scarring

+1

Hello Kiana123,

The only way to make your breasts more youthful and less saggy is either a mastopexy (lift) or reduction (lift and made smaller).  Either way, there are incisions made to remove the large amount of skin (and tissue, in the case of reduction), and the resulting scars that follow may or may not be conspicuous, depending on techniques used in the operating room, scar treatments after the surgery, and your genetic predisposition.

If you couldn't stand to see even the finest of thin white lines, than you should not have any procedure on your breasts.  However, I can say with certainty that the vast overwhelming majority of my patients and their partners find their breasts more attractive after the procedure than compared to how they looked before the procedure.  Most tell me that although they know their scars are visible, they no longer see them; for them, the new shape of their breasts make them so much happier.

You should consult with a few surgeons with great reputations for breast surgery.  These doctors should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast Lift without Incisions

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, from your description of your "breasts sitting on your abdomen" it is unlikely that any minimally invasive technique would help you.  I would encourage you to go in for a consultation and talk about your issues with a local board certified plastic surgeon.  While the incision seems scary, it is very rare if ever that a patient ever has concerns about their incisions after surgery.  This is because the benefit of the breast lift surgery far outweighs any concerns about the incisions.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast lift without surgery

+1

The scar from breast lift is a concern, however there is no way to hold the nipple up front and center and lift the breast without surgery. Scars are a fact, though the best evidence of cosmetic surgery is a great result. Until then a bra is your only hope.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Breast Lift Without Scarring

+1

Most patients who come into the office for a consult on breast lift are very worried about scarring and we simply have to tell them there is no lift without scarring and the scars are unpredictable. But usually within a few months of surgery those patients that choose to have the lift anyway are so happy with their more youthful look, and the scars have faded enough, that they are happy with their choice.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD