I'm 21, have no children and have experienced some weight loss but nothing extreme (about 15 pounds). Do I Need a Breast Lift?

I'm 21, have no children and have experienced some weight loss but nothing extreme (about 15 pounds). When I was 19 I had a benign cyst removed from my left breast. I have little to no scarring but consequently my nipples are a bit uneven. I knew going into the process that getting the uneveness fixed was definitely something that I wanted to do, but wasn't expecting a full lift. I have been told that a crescent lift would fix it, but also that I need to do the bellini. Don't know what to do

Options & Things to Consider...

+1

I am not quite sure that you have been advised to have a breast lift or a correction of your areolar asymmetry because the solutions are different.

• If indeed your nipple size is asymmetrical then you should consider Nipple Size Correction.
  • If your breasts are sagging you may benefit from a Mastopexy (Breast Lift)

The crescent lift has limited applications.

The Benelli procedure (Doughnut lift) may leave poor scars and flat breasts.

Breast lifting

+1

It is difficult to determine whether you are a good candidate for a benelli lift without photos. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the best and safest option for you to improve your asymmetry. A benelli lift involves an incision around the areola only and provides only a limited lift. Your plastic surgeon would decide which incision type to use based on your overall goals. Make sure you are aware of the pros and cons of each type of mastopexy before you embark on the procedure.

Breast Lift San Diego

+1

Without photos, impossible to answer, and personal consultation (or several consultations) worthwhile to understand your choices better.  Enter each consultation knowing what final result you desire, listen to the professional advice, and decide what you believe will fit your needs best.

Steve Laverson, MD

Breast lift

+1

It is of course  impossible to give an exact opinion without photos or and clinical exam.  However, from the small amount of lift you are seeking (1-2 cm) a crescent left may indeed be indicated.  The Benelli lift can respond to gravity over time and re stretch to the original place.  You may want a second opinion. Good luck

Rodger Wade Pielet, MD (in memoriam)

Breast lifts are great for the right reasons!

+1

Without an exam or photos for review, it is impossible to determine what is best for you.

A few rules of thumb;

1- Even young people will need breast lifts.

2-Skin only lifts (a la crescent lift) usually do not work - durable lifts require manipulation of the breast tissue.

3- Tear drop or circumareolar lifts are wonderful for many patients.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breast lift

+1

It is impossible to suggest what would be best for you without a formal exam and consultation to discuss yoru goals.  Seek someone in your community who is board certified in plastic surgery.

Do I Need a Breast Lift?

+1

everything in the previous posts is true. but if you want a real answer rather than the usual infomercial vanilla, please furnish photos.

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Criteria for Lift Vary With Patient and With Surgeon

+1

Photos certainly would help to address your concerns more specifically.

If this might be helpful, I'll outline some of my thoughts. In general:

• small procedures are for small corrections
    • Crescent lifts can work to make small adjustments to nipple position, not for a breast lift.
  • Breast Lift (Mastopexy) almost always involves reshaping a breast, in addition to repositioning ("lifting") a drooping breast
    • Different procedures/techniques can reshape the breast differently
      • Circumareolar (Bellini) Mastopexy tends to flatten, rather than cone the breast and create a more boxy, rather than teardrop shape.
      • Just pulling the skin tight without reshaping the breast will not produce a lasting result or one that is pleasing.
  • Breast lift procedures still depend upon the ability of the patient's tissues to hold the shape or lift
    • the amount the breasts "settle" after surgery is primarily due to the degree of loss of elasticity or tissue tone, rather than the surgeon "not pulling tight enough."
  • Experts will differ in their opinions as to what may work best for a given patient.
    • Some experts may disagree with the generalizations I've made here
  • It is very important that you get expert advice from an experienced specialist to help make the right choice for you.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

What Type of breast lift?

+1

There are many variations of a breast lift.  A Benelli lift and a crescent lift are limited procedures which may in general lift the nipple/areola 1-2cm at most.  This may be all that is needed to achieve symmetry but without further information  such as photos and examination is difficult to assess. . 

Stephen Delia, MD

Do I need a breast lift?

+1
Without photos it is very difficult to say what you need. Crescent lifts do very little in my opinion...the more lift they are called on to provide, the more chance they just stretch out the areola, create a widened scar, and still don't lift the breast. A Benelli lift controls the areolar size better, and makes more sense for a very mild lift where you are just trying to even out uneven areolae. They will not lift and shape the breast much without an implant filling out the breast volume as well. Again, photos would help.

Robert M. Grenley, MD