Breast Lift Not Working? (photo)

I had breast implants and a lift on the left breast in 2007. Over the past 6- 12 months, I noticed the left breast sagging again and feels less full.They were never perfect after surgery but it seems to be getting worse. Revisited my surgeon and he noticed immediately /was concerend. He recommended getting breast lifted again. After all the money for the first one, I was disappointed and worried about doing it again AND it not working. How bad do they look? Is this normal?

Breast lift

+2

It is difficult to tell from the photos what type of lift you had on the left.   AFter 5-6 years it is not unreasonable to require a revision.

Breast augmentation revision

+1

From your photos and story it is hard to tell if you are just not the complaining type or if the amount of asymmetry in the recent photo is something new. Either way you will need revision surgery and this degree of residual asymmetry is not optimal whether or not it is bad or normal.

The question is what should you do to try and achieve the optimal. That cannot be answered by just looking at your photos that are shot at angles or positions that do not allow a full assessment or without knowing what type of lift was previously performed. If you do not have faith that your surgeon can fix this you need to take your records and see another surgeon to either affirm the plan of the first surgeon or to transfer your care to another surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Repeat Breast Lift

+1

A revision is in order.  You will most likely require at least a lollipop incision.  Get a good examination and plan from your plastic surgeon.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Lift Not Working?

+1

Based upon the current photo, you would have a nice improvement with a lift, and you would need more than a simple donut lift.  Without some intermediate photos--earlier post-op--it is not possible to review the outcome, but only to comment on what would help you now. 

If your confidence in your surgeon is not excellent, think about another opinion. All the best.