Would a Breast Lift Without Implants Achieve a Good Result? (photo)

I am desiring a lift and originally planned for a small implant. would a mastopexy alone provide a good result? I prefer to not have them...strongly prefer. 5'7 160lbs. no children. thanks in advance for your time.

Breast lift without implants

+2

I think you could get away without an implant but it depends on your expectations. This would leave you a little less fullness at the top and a more natural look.  If a patient is borderline I tell them to have a lift without implants because they are very easy to put in later.  That way you know for sure whether you needed them or not.  

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Lift - no implants

+2

You would have a great result but not all doctors employ techniques to help augment your own tissue.  Make sure your surgeon does more  then just tuck the excess in with sutures as they are doomed to bottom out. 

Curtis Wong, MD

Yes, a lift will achieve a good result.

+2

Dear Nameuser,

A lift alone should provide a very nice result for your breasts.  You have an adequate amount of tissue to maintain a good breast size.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Would a Breast Lift Without Implants Achieve a Good Result?

+2

A breast lift without implants is reasonable with your anatomy.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lift procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lift without an implant?

+2
You would be a great candidate for a breast lift and I think that you have an adequate amount of tissue to avoid an implant.  One could consider a vertical mastopexy (lolipop scar) or a wise pattern mastopexy (anchor scar.)  My preference would be to use the larger scar in order to get the best shape.  Best of luck!

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+2

You appear to have reasonably good skin quality and plenty of volume, so an implant is purely personal choice as opposed to a mandate. Women who want to maintain upper pole fullness over the longest period of time possible are generally better served with an implant, but I think you will do well without them.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Breast lift with or without implants

+2

Hello.  The size and shape of your breasts before surgery would lend itself quite well to a breast lift without implants.   In my experience this type of breast does great with a vertical lift resulting in a lollipop scar pattern.  

Most patients feel slightly smaller as the skin envelope is tightened with the lift which you should consider.  You should expect a very natural result without an implant which may or may not be your goal.  Adding much long term fullness and roundness above approximately the level of the tan line on the photo would require an implant.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift without implants

+2

Hi nameuser.  I think you would have a great result with our without implants.  A small implant will give you more fullness above your nipple.  However, I think you will have a satisfactory result without one.  I suggest you see a plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without Implants

+2

If you are happy with the amount of breast volume you have, then you are a perfect candidate for a Breast Lift without implants.  Breast implants only add volume.  They do not change the shape of your breast.  Best wishes !

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lift alone should do

+2

Thanks for your Pic and ? If you don't want to be larger, then it appears you have enough volume in your breast to have a breast lift alone. You are not a candidate for an implant alone because the nipple position is too low. It doesn't sound like that is even a consideration however. With a vertical reduction pattern and a superomedial pedicle your volume can be redistributed. It will not give you the same fullness superiorly as an implant but I think you will be pleased. In addition, performing a lift alone does not burn any bridges and you could always go back in the future to place an implant to increase your volume. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPS member in your area. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD