I Had Breast Lift 6 Weeks Ago (No Implants) and the Right Breast is Bigger. Will They Change? (photo)

Well I had the lift and at first they look very alike but now my right breast is bigger and the areola smaller and the left is smaller with bigger areola. The right breast had more swelling and it took more time than the left to get better, and the areola is stretching but slowly... Is 6 weeks too soon to tell if they are going to be like this? I mean if the right one is always going to be bigger then the left? If that's the case can I transfer fat into the left in order to get the same size?

Breast Lift 6 Weeks Ago (No Implants) and the Right Breast is Bigger

+2

Patience.

First of all, what a dramatic improvement!!

The sides look reasonably close to each other in size, and it is not uncommon to see varying amounts of swelling from one side to the other. Before any thoughts of permanent asymmetry give a  two or three more months. If there is a size difference of note, you can choose among the alternatives then, including liposuction to the larger breast, or fat injection to the smaller. Remember, no one is exactly even.

Thanks and best wishes.

Breast Sizes

+1

As you well know no two breasts are exactly the same size.  Having said that the right breast does seem larger.  I would wait at least 3 months from surgery to see if the size difference becomes less.

Dr. ES

Concerns about Breast Asymmetry after Breast Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast lift procedure; overall it appears that your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you. Yes, I would agree with you that it is much too early to evaluate the end results of surgery. This evaluation should occur around 6 months to one year after the procedure. In the meantime, I would suggest continued patience and follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

+1

Yes the right is noticeably larger than your left. But as the posted photos demonstrate the right was larger from the beginning. Your chosen surgeon needs to revision the right by reducing the size.