Breast Lift W/o Implants and Size Smaller?

12 yrs ago I was 34C, 135 lbs 5'8 & needed a lift after 2 kids. Got a implant above the muscle. Result, too large and implant bottomed out. 2 yrs later had a lift w/ implant above muscle, again too large and bottomed out. Now, Im 49, 5'8 150lbs (15lb gain) am a very full 36 DD w/280 dropped implant. Rib cage is 34/36. new doc says I can get a significant lift w/implant removal down to a B or C. will I look right? is that possible? Is a B too small? Will a C sag eventually? Help!

Good result after breast lift does not require an implant.

+1

Occasionally women grow weary of their breast implants and want them removed. Certainly with undesirable surgical outcomes the incidence increases. Removing implant and reshaping the breast with a mastopexy will yield a very good result.

Breast lift with implant removal

+1

A lift without an implant sounds reasonable if you want to downsize.  It is difficult to say if this will be best for you without an exam.  Good luck.

Removal of Implants and Lift

+1

Your implants do not have to be removed, unless you want to change size, or do not want them any longer.  Discuss these options with your surgeon for a clear understanding of your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Removal of Implant and Lift

+1

If you are concerned about the breasts being too large, you could always reduce the implants.  You do not have to remove them.

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after breast surgery. As you can imagine, given your complex past surgical history, online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise advice.

My best advice to you would be to select a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. Then, communicate your goals carefully. I would suggest the use of goal pictures as opposed to a discussion regarding cup size,  which can be arbitrary and a source of miscommunication. Show your plastic surgeon what you would like to achieve with the help of the goal pictures and standing in front of a full-length mirror.  Make sure your communication includes a discussion of realistic expectations as well.

Agree with your surgeon!!

+1

With all your issues with breast implants is it not time for a break? I agree with your surgeon whole heartily. Removal and a breast lift is a great approach given your history. If you are not happy with the size after your procedure you can certainly have a breast augmentation at a latter date. Many surgeons consider this approach much safer for their patients. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

+1

Given this history, I can certainly understand the reasons you and your surgeon would like to remove the implants. Removing a 280 cc implant will probably drop you down a cup size  or one and a half sizes. If you want to be a B or small C, you may also need some reduction of breast tissue. 

As to what would look right, without photos I can't even guess. Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Implant removal and breast lift

+1

All of these questions are impossible to answer without photos at least and without an in person consultation.  What I can say though is that many patients gain weight years after their augmentation and no longer need the implants.  They can lift and tighten the skin envelope and be happy as long as their smaller size is fine with them.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS