Breast lift w/o augmentation? (photo)

I'm a 32C. I wanted to get an idea of what options are available to me w/regards to a lift with or w/o implants & if I can get just get a lift, what type of incision. Considering I am of African american descent, I am concerned w/hyperpigmentation of the vertical scar. I want perkier breast w/a little more fullness. I am happy w/the size of my current breast. Also, I have not had children yet but plan to within the next few yrs. My breast have sagged as a result of drastic weight loss. Thanks!

Breast implant without breast lift is a reasonable option for you

+3

Thank you for your question and photographs. You have normal natural attractive appearing breasts as you are. Since you desire more fullness breast implants alone without a lift should produce a nice result. This will help avoid the scar which is a realistic concern. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon and follow the surgeons advice after your examination.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/small-breasts/small-breasts-how-to-enlarge-or-augment-the-small-breast-without-implants/

BBA

+1
I think you have it reversed.  Based on your photos, I doubt that you will need a lift.  You will likely benefit the most from small implants to fill out your breast envelope.  See a BC PS.

Web reference: http://www.drpirani.com/breast-enhancement-toronto/breast-augmentation/

Augmentation Would Be Best

+1

Thanks for sending photos. I think your best option is a small implant to give some fullness to your upper breast. You have minimal sag, and a vertical scar would not be necessary. A very small implant would allow you to go up perhaps half a cup size. Without an implant, a breast lift would not correct the loss of upper breast fullness or perkiness that makes a breast look very youthful. A breast lift would reduce sag in the lower half of the breast, which is really not your problem. I agree that scars with your skin pigmentation would like be darker than the surrounding skin. The entire operation could be done with a very small incision in the fold beneath the breasts or along the edge of the areola. Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.drthomasmustoe.com/breast-enhancement/breast-augmentation.cfm

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1

Since you are happy with the current size of your breasts, you are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast "lift" with or without implants

+1

Based on your photos, you can achieve a lift of your breasts with an implant alone. This will help you avoid scars on the front of your breasts. As for the overall size and shape of implants to choose will be based on your desires and discussion with your surgeon. Best of luck!

Web reference: Http://www.samraplasticsurgery.com

New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift w/o augmentation

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on the photos you posted, it appears that you should have a nice result with small implants alone without a lift. After kids you may need a lift but that can be addressed after you are done having kids. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon and try on implants so you can see what size you feel the most comfortable with. Good luck! ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery Now or Later?

+1

Although your breasts do look like they have sagged somewhat, they are shapely and you appear to have good skin tone (although it is hard to tell definitively from photos). If having children is not too far in the future, you might want to consider waiting to have surgery until after childbirth and nursing. On the other hand, if the look of your breasts bothers you a great deal now, you might want to consider augmentation with a small implant. I agree with my colleagues here who have suggested that this surgery could give you added perkiness and more fullness without much scarring at all, and though there is some risk about the impact on breastfeeding, many women manage to breastfeed just fine with breast implants.

If you do elect to go that route, it is quite possible that you might want a lift after your pregnancies. Your skin has already been stretched with weight fluctuation, and it will be stressed again during childbearing. Consider having a consultation or two with a board certified plastic surgeon now--not necessarily to schedule surgery but for help in understanding all your options.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Breast lift in African American women

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! There are a lot of issues here to address. Let's start with scarring. It is tough to predict how you will heal. Certainly hyperpigmentation, scar hypertrophy and keloiding are more common in African Americans than in Caucasians, but there is no way to tell for sure if none, some or all of those conditions would affect you after surgery. I frequently perform cosmetic surgery on African Americans and I often use prescription silicone-based scar lightening agents after surgery. I also keep my incisions as small as possible and try to place them in less noticeable spots.

You mention that you are happy with your breast size, but would like more fullness and perkier breasts. A breast lift would address the perkiness, but not the fullness. In order to take care of both, you could consider having a breast lift along with a small implant or fat grafting to your breasts.

Thank you for sharing your intent to start a family in the next few years. While that certainly doesn't rule you out as a candidate for breast surgery, you should keep two things in mind: first, breast surgery could possibly affect your ability to breastfeed your babies - especially since you are likely a candidate for a crescent, or periareolar, lift. Any time we make an incision around the areola, we risk injuring the milk ducts. Secondly, pregnancy may lead to sagging similar to what you see now. Many women find that their breast size increases during pregnancy (sometimes dramatically), only to decrease again after birth or after you finish nursing. This can lead to sagging. If you have a breast lift before pregnancy, you may find you need another one when your family is complete.

Web reference: http://www.advancedplasticsurgerysolutions.com/services/breast/breast-lift-atlanta/

Lift vs implants

+1

We would need to discuss your goals -- implants will only fill you up and give you some more fullness, a lift will raise the nipples --- only an in person consultation and looking at photos of other patients and what one can get will help you make up your mind. Your ethnicity is important but will not change what is right for you.

Augmentation

+1

A majority of my practice is with African American women having breast augmentation and lift. An evaluation and examination will better allow me to assess your needs

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.