Is There Any Way to Do a Breast Lift Without Visible Scars?

There is not magic wand in plastic surgery

+2

I always have to remind my patients that there is no magic wand in plastic that allows us to perform scarless surgery. That is a concept that is only in the movies and in false advertising. For any breast lift procedure, there has to be some sort of incision or cut, and rearrangement of tissue. This, of course, leads to a scar. Incisions heal differently in people and for some lucky patients, the scars are hardly noticeable. However, there really is no way to predict this. I know that I am very meticulous when I close incisions and do not finish the case until I am 100% satisfied with how you look. However, your final result also depends on how your body heals, your genetics, external factors such as smoking and preventing infection. I hope this is helpful.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

No scar mastopexy (breast lift)

+2

Mastopexy without scars depends on the classification of the sagging (ptosis). True ptosis is measured by descent of the nipple. In these instances a scare is absolutely necessary. In false sagging (pseudoptosis), breasts can appear to sag due to loss of volume. In this instance, restoration of breast volume can be achieved with either minimal scars (less than an inch if performed with implants) or no scars if performed with fat injections.

Breast Lifting without Scars?

+1

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting the bresst skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 

Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLift.htm

Breast lift without scars

+1

Unfortunately, there is no way to perform a breast lift without surgery. I haven't figured that one out yet!

Absolutely no way to do breast lift without scars

+1

A true mastopexy (breast lift) can not be performed without scars, if some surgeons mention the opposite it is a "marketing trick" and you should be aware of it. You may be a candidate for a limited scar lift, however you need to be aware of the limitations of the procedure. When consulting with a surgeon ask for before and after pictures, pay special attention to patients having the same problem than you. Also pay attention to the lower pole of the breast (the part under the nipple-areola complex) because a lot of these limited scars techniques create a very long lower pole.

Most breast lift scars will be very acceptable with time and shape of the breast should be more important than scars

Finally be sure you choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon by the American Board Of Plastic surgery (the only board in plastic surgery recognized by the american board of medical specialties)

Good luck

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Scars with breast lift

+1

In short, the answer is no. However, in many patients, the scar lines are minimally visible although perhaps never completely invisible. A discussion with your plastic surgeon can help you determine the procedure best for your body type and concerns.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Scarless Breast Lifts

+1

Scarless Breast lifts exist in that elusive parallel dimension in which you will also find real scarless facelifts, scarless tummy tucks, breast and thigh lifting creams, along with unicorns, non-fattening delicious desserts and world peace. They do not exist in our world.

Lifting a breast requires coning and tightening of the breast fill / volume while reducing the amount of the skin of the breast (in other words decreasing the ratio of breast skin surface to breast volume). There are NO scarless ways to remove breast skin. Every method that removes skin leaves a scar.

Options for sagging breasts

+1

To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and implants.

If you just want to go bigger, the only way to do that is with implants. Any type of incision for a breast lift will leave a scar, but there are ways now that are minimal scarring and give a pleasing, perky result. The vertical or Le Jour technique can now be used on a wide range of sizes using an incision that looks like a lollipop that goes around the areola and down the lower half of the breast.

When women with saggy breasts want to go bigger, I usually advise doing a breast lift along with the implants. Otherwise, the implants create what we call a “double bubble,” where the breast droops off the end of the implant like a sock. Some of my patients, however, don’t want a lift because they want to avoid additional scarring, so sometimes implants alone can fill out the skin and eliminate the saggy appearance.

Scars and breast lift

+1

Unfortunately, every type of breast lift will involve some scars, either around the nipple alone, or with a vertical line down the breast as well. The specific type of lift you might need would need to determined by an evaluation. Best wishes, /nsn.

Breast lifts with no scars don't exist

+1

You can't cheat mother nature and you can't lift the breast without some scars. There are many techniques available and the best is the one which best suits your anatomy, not necessarily the one with the shortest scar. If the shape and tone are great after surgery, the scars will settle and become a non-issue for most.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.