Breast Lift Uneven 4 Post Op? (photo)

I had a breast lift done 4 wks ago. I saw the results at 2 days post op and the difference was noticeable. The pic that I am including is from today and it looks the same as day 2. I was a D cup with extreme sag, due to a large weight lose ended up with no fat volume. My breast do not feel swollen. However,I dont have any nipple sensation on the left side. Right is returning to normal. I like the look of each but expected them to match up more.

Asymmetry 4 weeks after breast lift

+1

4 weeks after a breast lift, it is not uncommon to have numbness.  This may improve over the next few months.  With regards to your asymmetry, I would give that some time because as the tissue relaxes it may be more symmetric.  I would not recommend revision until 6 months if necessary.  Good luck.

Breast Lift Assessment and Nipple Sensation at 1 Month Postop

+1

At one month after breast lift, nipple sensation may improve over the next few months.  Regarding the asymmetry let the results mature for another 3 months or so before deciding upon revision.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Asymmetry after breast lift

+1

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You are still very early in your healing process since it has only been 4 weeks.  Also, preoperative photos would help in evaluating asymmetry that was already present.  If you do need a revision, wait at least 6 months.  Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Breast asymmetry could be corrected in the future.

+1

Your photos do show asymmetry between the breast shapes and the position of the nipple areolar complex.  This can be revised but you should wait for 6-8 months to allow the tissues to fully heal and mature and relax, so you see the final position.  Your sensation can take up to 12 months to fully return so you will need to be patient with that.  Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and address these issues.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Breast lift asymmetry

+1

Sorry if you are having issues with asymmetry.  First you need things to heal and then perhaps you can have a revision in the future.

Postop asymmetry

+1

Thanks for your question. The photos as pointed out are a little different in perspective. Without seeing the preoperative view it is hard to comment. Often times an existing asymmetry is hard to completely correct. If you and your surgeon feel that something is correctable then something potentially can be done after 6months. The return of sensation sometimes takes several months. Hang in there! I bet it will continue to improve.

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Asymmetry after mastopexy

+1

Your photos are not the best to make a decision from.  Have your surgeon re-examine you and determine the amount of asymmetry present.  If a revision is needed you should wait at least six months for complete healing to occur from the initial surgery.   Sometimes small revisions may be done under local anesthesia.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Board Certified Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast Lift Uneven 4 weeks Post Op

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. Unfortunately one photo is upside down, and more importantly with arms elevated, which does alter the breast contour, simulating more of a lift.

Both photos do show some asymmetry. But at four weeks it is rather early to assume this is a final outcome. It may well be that to have an optimal outcome your surgeon will recommend a revisional procedure on the right side, but it would be most wise to allow 4 to 6 month from surgery before making any decision. An operation done too early may be unnecessary, and may be done on tissue that is still recovering, and therefore still another revision might be more likely.

Patience. Stay in communication with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Concerns about Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation/Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. In the future, if you are able to post pictures with your arms by your side ( frontal and side views)  better evaluation of your end results will be possible.  Although it is not possible to predict exactly how your breasts will change over the course of the next few months, I think it is safe to say that the breasts will change significantly ( given that you are only 4 weeks out of surgery). For example, issues such as differential breast implants settling may cause early breast asymmetry that improves with time.

Therefore, I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who will be in the best position to advise you.   

I would also suggest that you evaluate the end results of the surgery performed approximately 6 months after it was performed.  You are correct in that some degree of breast asymmetry is to be expected;  if the breast asymmetry is significant and/or bothersome revisionary surgery may become necessary. Exactly what would be necessary will depend on the issues of concern and your physical examination, at that time.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed and revisionary surgery will not be necessary.