Is This What a Breast Lift is Supposed to Look Like? (photo)

I had a lift and augmentation done two months ago. Now it seems like my breasts have dropped to exactly where they were before, only they are fuller because of the implants. What happened to the lift? Do they seem low to you?

Is This What a Breast Lift is Supposed to Look Like?

+2

Dear Suebb,

Thank you for your question and photo.  This is an acceptable result from augmentation and lift.  The nipple/areola is a little asymmetric.  Also, when using smooth implants vs. textured implants, there is more of a tendency of the implants to fall, as only your skin is holding up the implant, unless it is integrated with your tissue.  Also, it is important to always wear a bra after a breast lift, as gravity is still acting on your breasts.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is some asymmetry between the breast. 2 months post-operatively is too soon to consider revision and the breast need more time to evolve. Talk with your plastic surgeon regarding your convalescence and the possibility of revision options in the future.

Wesley T. Myers, MD
Conroe Plastic Surgeon

+1

There are asymmetry in N/A location and size/volume! The right N/A lower than left. Left appears as acceptable result 

Revision breast lift works.

+1

Hi.

Your breasts look pretty good except that one nipple is higher.  Live with them for a few months.  Then you can decide whether they are good enough or whether you want a revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Is This What a Breast Lift Is Suppose To Look Like?

+1

Without the before photos, it is hard to comment.  I notice the nipple and areolar position appear uneven.  I would discuss this with my Plastic Surgeon. He may want to do a revision after you have healed.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Fallen Breast Lift

+1

If the breast mound is the same level as it was before surgery, the lift has relaxed. Thuis may be due to the technique used, your skin quality or a combination of both. You will need to discuss with your surgeon the possibility of redoing your lift after 6 months from the original surgery. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Without photos from before surgery I cannot answer that question. I do note some difference in nipple and areolar position that may do well to be corrected after the implants have settled. On the left side, based only on the one view, the nipple and areola look appropriately positioned. The bottom of the areola should be even with or higher that the breast fold.

All the best. 

Breast lift results 2 months later

+1

What were your expectations from the procedure?  And did you let your surgeon know of this?  Lifts only move the nipples higher and tighten the lower pole.  Implants only make you larger and fuller.  It seems like you have both and a very natural look.  If you're wanting something else, explore your surgeon's revision policy and consider having a revision.

Curtis Wong, MD