Breast Lift on Small Tuberous Breast? What is the possibility of having them lifted without getting implants? (Photo)

I'm 22 years old. No children but I have been pregnant once. My breast have always been small and strangely shaped. What is the possibility of having them lifted without getting implants,but I am open to them. I don't want to impair my ability to breast feed, and I like my small breasts I just wish they were perky so I could wear certain fashions bra-less while still feeling comfortable. They are currently a small b. what procedure should I look into, is it worth it? How much would this cost?

Breast Lift on Small Tuberous Breast?

+1

If you do not want larger breasts, a breast lift without breast implants can be performed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lift on Small Tuberous Breast

+1

What you are referring to as "strangely shaped", is called tuberous breasts in medical terminology.  Correction is more complex than just a lift, with or without implants.  It involves areolar reduction, as well as division of fibrous septae (fibrous connections between the breast skin and the muscle), in order to correct the narrow base.  With the size of breasts you have mentioned, small B, an adequate "perkiness" without implants is not possible.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Tuberous breasts - I would wait until you are done child bearing

+1

Since breast feeding is important to you, I would delay any treatment until you are done with child bearing.  If you have surgery prior to having children, pregnancy and breast feeding (if you are able) will surely change your breasts and you will likely need some sort of revision. 

Any procedure to really address the problems of your tubular breast will involve increasing the breast mound, rearranging your breast tissue and decreasing the amount of skin and areola.  Tuberous breasts are very difficult and I think your surgeon will have the best shot at a nice result if he/she does not have to worry about future lactation and can operate on  breasts that are unlikely to undergo major changes due to future child bearing. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Tuberous breasts

+1

You could do a donut mastopexy since yoyr arelar complexes are quite large.Since you like small breasts I would do a lift firs  and see how you like them.If you are happy you are done..You can always add an implant later.t

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Modified breast lift will correct small tuberous breasts.

+1

Hi.

You can be made a lot better with a scar just around the areolas, which need to be made a lot smaller anyway.  You have excellent options! and you don't need implants unless you want to be bigger.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Not Many Good Options...

+1

By far your best option is to place implants under the muscle and perform a Binelli mastopexy (circumareolar breast lift).  This will give you better shaped, perkier breasts with smaller areolas.  Your ability to breast feed may or may not be affected by this procedure but it would certainly be more compromised if you were to undergo a straight forward breast lift.  I also believe that you will be very unhappy with the aesthetic results possible with a breast lift without implants!  Good luck with your decision.   

Eric Sadeh, MD

Lifting tuberous breasts

+1

will affect your ability to fully breast feed if you have the best lift done.  If you're willing to settle for a temporary result, you could have a skin only lift but it doesn't hold up very well over time.  And it still costs the same as the newer methods of lifting.

Curtis Wong, MD

Improving Breast Shape

+1

Thanks for the photo.  I would recommend a breast augmentation with a lift to improve your breast shape.  Consult with BC PS to see what your options may be. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Lift on Small Tuberous Breast? (Photo)

+1

As you have very large areolae,you would be a good candidate for the sub-areolar breast lift.

The breasts will remain the same size.The areolae will be smaller and the breast itself will be lifted

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Need a detailed consultation

+1

Your problem is relaxed skin, large areolae and very wide cleavage with small breast volume.

You can tighten the skin and do an areola reduction with a circum-areola (Benelli) mastopexy. You can add volume with an implant. Correcting the cleavage will be a challenge, because the more the implant is moved inwards the more the nipple/areola complexes will appear to be too far outwards.

You need a carefully thought out plan with a board certified plastic surgeon.

John Silverton, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon