Is Breast Lift by Skin Excision Possible?

So I'm 19 years old with C-cup breasts. I lost some weight 1/2 years ago,obviously my breasts were a little bigger (still C cup though) but once I lost the weight, I noticed the skin is a bit stretched out.

I want my breasts to look fuller, perkier and be firmer. Is there a way to get a breast lift without reducing the cup size? I want to still be a c-cup, but I dont want to get implants. Is it possible to remove minimal skin, just enough to lift the breasts but not to reduce cup size?

Maintaining breast size with breast lift

+2

Most breast lifts do not reduce the breast size at all. In fact, the breasts are now positioned properly, not spread across the chest, and generally look bigger.

I generally encourage my patients to have a lift if they have droopy breasts, and to put in an implant only if they need greater volume, or need superior pole fullness.

Breast lift and volume

+1

Thanks for your question. You would be a great candidate for a lift and would not lose much volume. Instead you would gain shape and perkiness. That said If you like your general size then a lift would be the procedure of choice and you would loose very little volume. The best way to evaluate ptosis (sag) is by physical exam but a picture can give a preliminary idea. The best picture is a side profile. In general breast lifts are done to not only raise the nipple but also to make the areolar/nipple complex smaller and raise the breast tissue to a more natural youthful position. Of course, the key to a great breast lift is patient selection and technique selection. Areolar lifts are generally good for women with good skin quality, breast tissue reasonably placed and a nipple/areola that are sagging no more than 2 cm. Once the breasts sag past that point, it is necessary to perform a lollipop lift which not only repositions the sagging breast tissues but also the nipple and areola. The final and most aggressive lift is an anchor lift which places both a vertical and horizontal incision. Again the determinant is the degree of sagging, skin quality and amount of breast tissue. Last, if there is a deficiency in breast tissue, an augmentation can be done either together with the lift or as separate procedures. Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon get get specifics on your situation.

Breast lifts and breast volume/shape

+1

Hi,

When your loose skin is removed with the skin only excision for a breast lift, then your remaining tissue is pressured to your chest.  In so doing, you might think you are smaller but in actuality, your breast volume has decreased by the skin excision weight only.

I feel that one should be agressive at the skin compression at the time of the lift because your skin will stretch out with time.

If you take your hands and compress your volume against your chest (make sure you do not consider the excess skin coming between your fingers and hands), then you will ge an idea of what your breast size will be.  If this is too small, then you will need volume with implants added.

Hope this helps.

Albany Plastic Surgeon

"Skin-only" breast lifts do not work, combined implants/lift better option

+1

You would think that just removing the extra loose skin would get the job done.  Many plastic surgeons feel this way too.  But it doesn't.  The skin stretches too easily.  It's a common fallacy and a reason you don't see a lot of breast lift results on the internet. 

The good news?  You can be the same size, restore upper pole fullness and get rid of extra loose tissue of the lower poles, but this is best accomplished with a vertical breast lift and small implants to fill out the upper poles (the minus-plus concept).  So if you want to stay the same size, but just be lifted, you need an implant/lift combination.  There are some examples and further discussion of this point on my website.  A link is provided below.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-lift/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Without Size Reduction?

+1

Yes it is possible to undergo breast lifting surgery without removal of any breast tissue. However, predicting final cup size is not possible.  The change in shape and position of the breasts may necessitate use of a different cup size then you're currently wearing. 

Please make sure you seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastlift.htm

Skin only breast lift

+1

The breast shape is determined by volume and the skin envelope. By removing the skin laxity, the breast can be lifted and fuller in the upper pole.

If there is severe flattening on top of the breast, often a small implant will help the upper part of the breast. A fuller more natural breast is the goal in a breast lift or mastopexy.

Also important is the type of scar. This depends on how much skin needs to be removed. It sounds like you would need a circle areolar and vertical line on the breast (lollipop scar).

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Most Breast Lifts maintain current sizes

+1

Yes, there are a variety of techniques for elevating the nipple-areolar complex without reducting the breast size significantly. I favor a "lollipop" incision, which sometimes requires a short horizontal extension (to create an up-side-down T).

Breast lifts usually do require the removal of some skin and a little fat. I doubt that these small amounts would radically change your breast size.

However, most breast lifts are most attractive with implants. Lifts really only lift the nipple and thin the breast mound. Most of the upper pole fullness (for attractive cleavage) is either God-given or prosthetic.

Small implants can return the volume lost by the removal of the skin and fat, as well as produce more cleavage.

Ultimately, it's your call, but it seems like I place a lot of implants 6 months after breast lifts.

Ventura Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift can be done to maintain your current size

+1

Breast lift surgery can be performed to maintain the size that you are now. Some skin can be removed, but the breast parenchymal tissue needs to be sutured in some way to tighten the mound.

Vertical Breast Lift technically possible but I would try to avoid scars

+1

Technically you could get a vertical breast lift, however, the main issue i have with this question is your age! I would hesitate a lot to put scars on a 19-year-old breast. My advice is either get a small implant or wait for few more years.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/

Breast Lift without loss of cup volume

+1

It sounds like you are an ideal candidate for a modern Short SCAR (Hall-Findlay) Breast Lift. The procedure will not only lift your breasts through a short, lollipop shaped scar but more importantly, internally shape your breasts to make them perkier and fuller with long lasting results.

Dr. P. Aldea