Breast Lift Scarring? (photo)

I had a lollipop breast lift and augmentation about 7 months ago (300cc). I have puckering around both my nipples and i'm feeling pretty self concious about it. I was quite stupid after the surgery and i picked some of my scabs around my nipples... so this may have led to the scarring? overall I am happy with the results - just want to know if i can change the scarring. what can I do to make my nipples look normal?

Scarring after breast lift

+1

Scarring in all individuals is unpredictable. I tell my patients that healing especially with scars is not complete for at least one year after surgery. In some patients who have tendencies for hypertrophy or pigmentation this may be even longer. If you are happy with your breasts leave them alone.

Breast Lift Scarring

+1

Scars take one year to mature. Keep in mind a scar is a scar. It will never be exactly what it was before. Just give it time and let things settle down. The only things in the literature that have been shown to improve scarring are using silicone gel sheets or scar massage. Nothing else is scientifically proven.

Breast Lift Scarrin

+1

Based on the photos posted, I would recommend patience until a year after surgery. These scars do not look outside the usual expectations, and a scar revision may make these a bit better, but could also make them a bit worse. Usually a little worse is more bad than a little bit better is good.

Do have a discussion with your surgeon--an in person evaluation of these scars is more useful than looking at photos.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Breast lift scars after seven months

+1

Breast lift scars deserve a great deal to thought beforehand as once there revision can be unpredictable for those who don't heal well. Your scars will do better over time, a year is good, and for a lift or reduction two are better. Don't blame yourself as the healing is typical and it is doubtful you caused anything to happen.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Scar revision of the nipples

+1

There are options for improving the scars of your areola. Without some of the tension that your areola were under following the initial lift, there is a reasonable expectation that the scars could be improved with a revision. This could be a brief office procedure under local anesthesia. Of course, it will also help if you are able to not pick at the scars as they are healing.

Contact your plastic surgeon to discuss this further. He may want to wait more time before revising the scars, but this will be based on an examination of them.

Best of luck.

Sincerely,

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Scarring?

+1

Guess I'm the fly in the ointment. I do not feel the risk/reward of a scar revision FOR you is acceptable from reviewing the posted photos. I feel your results are very good and the potential of worsening of the scars DOES exists! Think about this 

Scarring

+1

I'm. I'm not sure that I appreciate the puckering you're referring to in the posted pictures. Having said that, if you're unhappy with your scars, they can be revised easily under local anesthetic. See your ps to discuss this. 

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C) 

Timing of Scar Revision

+1

At 7 months postop, I believe that it is too early for a scar revision. Scars will continue to change and mature up to 12 to 18 months following surgery. If scars are revised too early, the next scar may be worse than the first.

There are some non-surgical ways to improve the appearance of scars in the early postoperative period. You can massage the scars or apply silicone sheeting. Both will soften and flatten scars. You can purchase scar creams and silicone sheeting online or at your local drug store.

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Scar revisin

+1

A scar revision may help improve the appearance of your aureolas.  Speak to your surgeon about this option. Good luck.

Improving Areolar Scars after Breast Lifting?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Revisionary surgery may be helpful in improving the scars and/or size of the areola. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm