Another Breast Lift Needed when Replacing Saline Implants?

I'm 5'2" and 120 lbs. I had a breast lift with teardrop shaped Saline breast implants two years ago. I was told by my plastic surgeon that the teardrop shape would give me a more natural effect while restoring lost volume. I've ended up with DD's when all I wanted was my C's lifted. Will an entire "relift" be required if I choose to have these implants replaced with smaller, round implants? I'm so petite and I feel that the teardrop shape was wrong for me, as they cover too much chest space while having to overflow to my underarm area. Any advice? I'm in Texas.

Breast lifting while downsizing implants

+2

If you go down in size from your current implants, and if you needed a lift before, your skin will probably be lax and need re-tightening to get the best result. A photo would help to be more definitive.

You probably also need a new doctor who will listen to your desires better this time. There are many excellent plastic surgeons in Texas.

Another Breast Lift Needed; Downsizing Breast Implants?

+1

Depending on the amount of “loose skin” and the quality of skin elasticity, breast lifting may be required after downsizing of breast implants. How much skin needs to be removed ( will an entire “relift” be required)  will depend on your physical examination and goals.

If you find that your implants are “overflowing to the underarm area”,  then  closing off the breast implant pockets in that area (capsulorraphy) may be indicated.

Make sure that your plastic surgeon has significant experience with revisionary breast surgery.

Breast revision surgery

+1

If you already had a previous lift and want to go smaller, then when placing smaller implants you may need to address the envelope a bit.

Good breast lift will give you perky breasts without breast implants.

+1

Hi.

It sounds like you did not need any kind of breast implants to begin with. An internal breast lift, that does not rely on pulling the skin, will give you long term, perky shape. You might consider having your implants removed, and getting another good lift. The shape of the implants is not the problem.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Secondary Breast Lift

+1

It seems as if you will need some degree of breast lift with your situation.  I personally do not use tear-drop implants because of their failure to provide upper pole fullness.  I agree that you need a smaller round implant and probably at least a vertical mastopexy.

John Whitt, MD

Repeat breast lift with smaller implants

+1

If your breasts are currently large enough and lax enough to cause you to want them smaller, chances are you would benefit from a repeat breast lift with smaller implants. The best way to really know is to visit with your plastic surgeon who can counsel you on what would best help you achieve the results you are after. I wish you well.

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Round smaller implants, and maybe breast lift

+1

A lot more details will be needed to give an accurate answer. However, it seems that your implant is much bigger than your expectations. You will likely need an implant exchange to a round (neutral) implant ,smaller in size and diameter. The lift question require a clinical exam or at least a picture.All the best!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Decision to lift a breast (mastopexy) following implant removal or replacement

+1

This is not an easy question to answer without an examination. The decision to lift the breasdt depends on several measurements, skin elasticity, quantity and position of breast tissue on the chest wall relative to the skin envelope as well as the amount of decrease in size and projection of the implant.