I am disappointed about how uneven my breasts are after Breast Augmentation. Do I Need Another Breast Lift? (photo)

I had a Breast augmentation with lift a year ago this month. I also had a Breast lift revision this March. I hate how far apart they are and I want to know if there is something else that can be done to achieve the round close-together cleavage I am wanting. I am also disappointed about how uneven they are.

Your body won't allow the result you want

+4

Sometimes, a patient has to accept that their body won't allow them to get the result or "look" they want. This creates an unrealistic expectation on their part and they might ask for more surgery trying to achieve the unachievable. That is where you are now.

It would be best to not have more surgery but just use garments to create the cleavage you are wanting.

Revisionary breast surgery

+2

If you are considering revisionary breast surgery, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and best possible options for you. I recommend finding pictures of exactly what you like and do not like. Emphasize what you would like to acheive, so that there is a full understanding of what look you want. The best advice i can give you is to choose a surgeon who specializes in revisionary work. However, you have to be realistic with your expectations, since it is more difficult to fix the work of another surgeon. Just be sure to explain exactly what you want to your surgeon prior to the revision. Good luck!

Revision breast lift with implants

+2

After having received a breast lift with implants patients do not typically need another breast lift one year later. If you feel that your breast implants are too low or that their significant sagging, discuss your concerns with the board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in breast lift surgery. They may determine whether it is the position of the implant is most bothering you over the overlying skin. It is possible that during the surgery, the skin envelope may have not have been elevated enough around the implant. If this is the case, it may be easily corrected with a small breast lift revision.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast Revision Timing

+2

If you had your surgery in March, then I would give it at least three months for the healing process to proceed uninterrupted, and allow any swelling, etc. to go down.  At that point, if you still have dissatisfaction, then talk with your surgeon.  You may need a revision lift, both external and internal, to get your implants closer and a more rounded/full cleavage appearance.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Expectations of breast lift and augmentation

+2

I think that you should review things with your surgeon. Look at your preop photos, and go over the concerns that you have with yoru surgeon. Some asymmetry can not be avoided. I do not think you will achieve the roundness or cleavage that you are looking for.

Breast lift does not last in huge breasts.

+2

Hi.

I am afraid your expectations are not realistic.  Your breasts can be made more even.  But I would not recommend another breast lift unless you were willing to shift to smaller breast implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Agree with posts below

+2

It is very important for you to have proper expectations for what can be achieved with your breasts. Your plastic surgeon is the very best person to counsel you on what is best for you but as a larger breasted woman, the perky look will be hard to achieve. It is natuaral for your breasts to fall slightly down and out because your chest (rib cage) is rounded so this is natural. I don't think you will have any trouble developing cleavage in a bra though. I would recommend you give it time and stay in contact with your plastic surgeon to discuss your specific concerns.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Consider evening them up

+2

Your breasts look pretty good. I understand that you were going for the super-high and perky, and compared to this you feel low and wide. I like your left breast, and with a scar revision your surgeon should be able to improve your symmetry. As far as repeating the lift to get them higher, it really depends on your breast tissue, your skin quality, and how your lift was performed, all of which allows the breast to hold up over time. Without examining you, it is impossible to tell if it would be worth it or not. In general, fatty breasts, stretched skin, and skin-only lifts do NOT hold up well, and firmer breast tissue, thicker skin, and a breast lift that uses the breast tissue (like the vertical mastopexy) hold up better.

Lisa B. Cassileth, MD

My recommendation is no on another lift

+2

I would generally not recommend another lift. You have alot of breast tissue and this greatly affects the appearance of your breasts in addition to the implants.

The look you are trying to achieve would likely require an agressive reduction as well as a lift. This is not without the risk of developing synmastia ("uni-boob") or losing blood or nerve supply to the nipple.

You have achieved an acceptable outcome for the procedure. Greater symmetry could perhaps be accomplished with minor revisions but you should discuss this with your surgeon and expect additional fees to be charged.

Unrealistic Expectations

+2

It appears from your photograph that your breast were relatively large and pendulous to begin with. It also seems that the look you are looking for is one of two melon halves sitting on your chest. Unless you get significantly larger implants (not recommended), you can never achieve this look. That look is only possible in someone with a very tight skin envelope and large implants. In addition, the implants must be centered under your nipple and putting them too close to the sternum to increase cleavage will make your nipples look like they are "looking outward".

As far as the unevenness, ask your surgeon. There is a possibility of improving symmetry.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD