Breast Lift Revision Advice for More Lift and Fullness After Full Mastopexy?

I had a full mastopexy w/ aug in Nov 2011. My PS chose an allergen style 15 213cc implant. I am unhappy w/ the amt of lift I have and the lack of upper pole fullness, and that my left implant ridge is visible. My PS is doing a revision w/ a bilateral lateral capsulorrhaphy & reopen my vertical excisions to excise more skin underneath. My PS stated I will never have the upper pole fullness I desire, but may get more w/ style 20 280cc. I'm wondering if a style 45 320cc will give more fullness.

Augmentation with Ultimate Lift

+1

Unfortunately, you do not give the full description of your mastopexy but you do describe a vertical incision.  This could either be a lollipop or a Wise pattern, which are techniques I NEVER use.  The vertical scars are unsightly and the weight of the breast stretches the scars.  Unfortunately, you have not provided photographs.  I recommend a circumareola approach through which you can have your capsular repaired.  The implant can be more centralized and elevated, give you more upper pole fullness, the breast tissue can be elevated and the nipples lifted.  This can all be done through an incision around the nipple.  This is called Breast Augmentation with Ultimate Lift.  Simply going to a larger implant will not solve your problems.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

More Fullness after Breast Lifting?

+1

There are many different ways that your situation may be improved upon. This may involve revision of the breast lift, use of capsulorraphy, use of different size/profile breast implant… In person consultation (direct examination)  and a full communication  of your goals  will be necessary to give you precise advice.  If in doubt, a second opinion may be helpful. Make sure you are  consulting with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the results you're looking for.

Desire more fullness after Lift with Implants?

+1

Difficult question to answer, but I would tell you that it seems like the larger implant would give you the results that you are seeking. I would discuss this with your surgeon before any revision, and be clear about the size breasts that you wan, I find the majority of post-op size/fullness issues are related to poor communication with your surgeon about your expectations.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon