Unhappy With Breast Lift/Reduction. Correction Options Other Than Implants?

I had a breast lift/reduction four weeks ago and I am still unhappy with my results. I expected more "uplift" than I have. I also had a slight reduction at the same time. Is there any other procedure other than implants that I can have to correct this?

More uplift with a breast lift

+2

Sorry you are unhappy. Breast lift is all about nipple position, getting the nipple up front and center on the breast. Often the lack of 'uplift' of the entire breast is related to the scoop in the upper pole or cleavage which is expected as well. Upper pole fullness might require the addition of an implant to give you the uplift you are looking for.

More lift?

+2

Dear B.B.  Sorry that this wasn't the result you were looking for.  Breast lifts are designed to move the nipples higher on the breasts and take away loose skin.  Unfortunately, the lifts do not produce much upper breast fullness.  If more "uplift" to you means more upper breast fullness, then you would need an implant to achieve this.  Fat grafting to the breasts can also be done, but that procedure is still relatively new and we don't know the long-term effects of that procedure (such as cancer risk).  If you look on my website, you will see photos of breast lifts with and without implants so you can see the difference.  If more "uplift" means there is still too much loose skin, then discuss revising your breasts with your surgeon.   Let me know if you need more information.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or reduction correction - using your own tissue or fat injection

+2

Four weeks is still fairly early in the healing process and to see final results. However, if you are not happy with the amount of lift you received at this point, it usually does not get better-- if anything it usually lessens. It may be due to the method by which your lift/reduction was done. It is very important to have many techniques which you can tailor to your patient's anatomy & desires. An implant is the most likely way to increase upper fullness, but there are also techniques available to use your own tissue to naturally augment the breast, including fat injection.

Andrew Rosenthal, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with breast lift

+1

It may be wise to be patient untill your soft tissue recovers, and your swelling is gone. The lower pole of the breast typically stretches with time, and the nipple will look higher as this "bottoms out". You should discuss this with your surgeon.

Stephen E. Zucker, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

If you are unhappy with your lift, it is hard to comment without seeing your results. Are they too low, or are your expectations too high?

Unhappy with breast lift

+1

It is not possible to answer your question accurately without a photo of you that illustrates your condition and concerns.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon