Unhappy With Breast Reduction Results. What Are My Options?

I had a breast lift and slight reduction and after ten months I am very unhappy with the results, should I get another procedure or do I go back to the same doctor??

+1

Well, you have listed your options. WIthout seeing photos or having some info about why you are unhappy, I can't help you choose between the alternatives. I can assure you that seeing another surgeon is most likely to be far more expensive than seeing your current surgeon. All the best. 

Unhappy with breast reduction results

+1

If you are unhappy with breast reduction results, you sh ould discuss it with your surgeon. More specifics would be helpful.

Breast Reduction Surgery and not Happy?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, it is generally best to stick with the same surgeon if at all possible. I'm assuming you have been treated by a well experienced board certified plastic surgeon. If so, communicate your concerns in a calm, nonaccusatory fashion.  if you have questions/concerns that linger after this communication, seek a 2nd opinion by a reputable plastic surgeon in your area.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm

Breast reduction revision

+1
WIthout a photo, it is impossible to comment on whether your dissatisfaction is justified. In general, it is wise to return to your operating surgeon to inquire as to what can be done to improve the result, if anything. Not every result is perfection but that does not make the surgeon deficient and he may be able to resolve any misconceptions in a followup visit. If you are no longer confident in that surgeon, you could certainly see another doctor but expect to pay full price.

Unhappy with breast lift, a second opinion may help

+1

If your relationship is very good with your original surgeon of course you should feel free to go back and discuss your concerns and disappointment. Those that are very unhappy however may also have doubts, and a second opinion can be very helpful to clear up doubts and misunderstanding about a procedure, and can give you insights as to what to bring up if and when you do go back.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/breast-lift

Unhappy with breast reduction results

+1

I am sorry for your problem.  After 10 months, the breasts have settled to more or less the final appearance they will have after the surgery.  I think it is appropriate for you to return to the surgeon who did the operation and express your concerns. If you feel that he or she is incapable of correcting the problem, or have concerns about their skill or judgment, find another board certified plastic surgeon for a second opinion.

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Discuss Possible Revision With Original Surgeon

+1

I would suggest discussing your concerns with the surgeon that performed your lift/reduction.  He/she may be able to address your concerns at a lesser cost than a new physician.  If not or you are unhappy with his/her options, you can always seek another opinion.