Would a breast lift be recommended? (photo)

I understand an in-person examination would be ideal, but I just wanted get some opinions. I'm 29, mom of one. Before I got pregnant, I was a 34C, and after breastfeeding I have gone down to a B cup. I am interested in some implants. I would like to be D. I'm still doing tons of research and haven't even been in for a consultation yet.

Would a breast lift be recommended?

+1

For the lift, I typically start with the smallest incision and custom tailor each breast lift to the shortest scar possible.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lift with implants

+1

To correct deflation and descent, a lift with implants is your best option. The type of lift depends on many factors that can only be determined during and in person exam.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Breast lift is essential

+1

It is essential for you to undergo a simultaneous breast lift. At size 34 each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. To go from a B to a D would require 200 cc implants. I recommend a circumareola approach that will correct the asymmetry to your nipple positions, reshape the breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

These breasts will need a lift in addition to implants!

+1

I agree with my colleagues who all recommend a mastopexy (breast lift) plus implants. However, I am not sure a vertical (lollipop or circumvertical) lift will give the desired pleasing shape as predictably as a Wise (anchor) or modified lift will.

In-person consultation with examination and measurements will allow the best recommendations to be made, and artistic shaping of the skin brassiere is usually NOT achieved by tightening the skin in only one dimension! Just saying.

For an example of one of my patients who underwent three operations by two prior plastic surgeons before having her fourth operation (by her third plastic surgeon--me) before she obtained the desired result (and to see her results after a lollipop lift on one side and a periareolar (Bennelli) lift on the other breast, also with implants bilaterally), click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recommended

+1

You will likely need a lift along with the implants. Probably a vertical (lollipop) mastopexy (breast lift) will be what you need, but it is difficult to tell for sure without an exam. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you obtain more information on which implant size and style will work based on your chest measurements as well as what type of mastopexy you would need based on your breasts and the chosen implant. Best of luck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Breast lift?

+1

Hi kjwimom. I believe you will need a lift even if you have an augmentation. This would most likely be a vertical technique, which looks like a lollipop. You should get an excellent result as your breasts which although, ptotic have a good shape. Consult with a board certified ps who's resuts you like from before and after photo's

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Would a breast lift be recommended?

+1

You would not have a good result with implants alone, unfortunately. I will take a breast lift as well.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast lift recommended?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Yes, it does appear that a Mastopexy (breast lift) with implants would work nicely for you. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Would A Breast Lift Be Recommended?

+1

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a Mastopexy with Implants. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

An implant and breast lift would help

+1

HI kjwimom. After seeing your pictures, I think your concerns could be addressed with placement of a breast implant and a mastopexy. It looks like the best scar pattern would include a scar around the areola, and one from the bottom of the areola to the bottom of your breast (the submammary fold). I suggest you see a local plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon