What is the Price Range of a Breast Lift?

I'm interested in a breast lift but I don't think it's severe enough for insurance to cover it, nor do I want to try and use my insurance for that. What kind of cost range am I looking at if I pay for this myself?

What is the price range of a breast lift?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. Costs for a mastopexy (breast lift) will certainly vary depending amongst surgeons as well as on your geographic location. Things to factor in from the surgical standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, +/- implants, surgical garment, etc.) A range in price ~$5000-10000 is not unreasonable. $6-8K would be a reasonable cost on average. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve aesthetically-pleasing breasts for you. Good luck and best wishes!

Fees for a Breast Lift May Range Anywhere from $4,000 to $15,000

+1

Recent statistics published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery indicate that the average surgeon fee for a breast lift nationwide is $4,280.  This is an average cost only.  You will find some surgeons charging more and some less.  This fee does not include the facility fee nor does it include the anesthesia fee.  You should expect to find fees for a breast lift ranging anywhere from $4,000 up toward $15,000.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Cost and insurance for breast lift

+1

It is geography dependent. In Florida it runs $6000-8000. More important than price is safety and experience. Also, as an aside, breast lift, has never been a covered procedure with any insurance carrier unless it is to match a breast reconstruction for breast cancer.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast Lift Price Range

+1

Surgeon's fees do vary considerably across the country and even in the same city.  The starting point with any surgery should be the competence of the surgeon and the connection that you have with him/her.  Fees can generally be shaped to fit into a budget. We typically start breast augmentation with saline implants and lift at $4500 + MD Anesthesia.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of breast lifting surgery

+1

Each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors.  Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under local anesthesia or general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia.  Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.  

It can range from $6500-9500 depending on what kind of breast lift you need.

Cost of breast lift surgery

+1

There are many different options in breast lift surgery. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the many different techniques. They will be able to tell you which techniques will serve you and your aesthetic goals best. If you require a small lift such as a Crescent lift or a periareolar lift this may be less expensive than a fuller lift or reduction. Another important determinant in the overall cost of your surgery is the amount of time that it will require to complete the lift.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast lift fees

+1

The fees for s breast lift vary from region to region. In NYC they can probably range between $5,000-$15,000 depending upon who you go to. Find a good surgeon, remember the results are forever.

Cost of safe Mastopexy (Breast Lift) in Atlanta

+1

The most important thing is safety: Make sure you have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, MD Anesthesiologist and a Facility that is State Licensed.

Our breast lift cost in Atlanta is $6,350.00 total. This price inclues the Doctor's fee, Facility fee and Anesthesia cost. It also includes all of your follow up appointments. If the surgery goes over in time or supplies we do not charge you additional fees. Your only additonal fees may be lab work and prescriptions if needed.

Costs will vary significantly based on multiple variables...

+1

Hi there-

The costs for any elective procedure will vary according to your geographic location, the length of the procedure, where it is being performed (hospital OR versus surgery center or doctor's office OR), and the reputation and demand for the services of your chosen provider.

As my colleague points out, some surgeons (like any other professional) are able to command a higher fee, because they are recognized experts in their fields, and the quality of their work has been consistently high over time.

The best thing to do is to first carefully identify your goals, visit with a few surgeons (make sure you are certain they are certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery), review your goals and options with them, and reflect on your visits with them.

Remember that your relationship with your surgeon is very important, and you want to proceed with someone you like and feel you can trust to take good care of you.

For all of these reasons, it is ill-advised to make decisions based on who offers you the lowest price... You will generally get what you paid for, even when paying for professional services.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

No standard in cost for cosmetic surgery

+1

Like art, there is no standard in fees. One of a kind art is usually more expensive than factory reproductions. A famous artist might command a higher price than a lesser known artist. The most important thing is not necessarily cost, but that you and your surgeon are in sync with all aspects of your situation and that communication is complete and direct between you and your surgeon. Do your due diligence. Seek a couple of opinions. In the end, it is like a marriage. You need confidence in who you pick, finances are important but not the most important factor, and you won't really know until you do the deed.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD