Should I Get a Breast Lift if I Plan on Having More Children?

This is what has happened to my once perky C cup breasts after one pregnancy and breast feeding for 7 weeks. I do know it is best to wait until after i have finished having kids but that may not be for another 7 odd years and i wont be getting pregnant for at least 3 years. Would it be completely silly of me to go ahead and have surgery now? I dont think i can go that long looking the way i do, especially as i am only 22, its becoming very damaging to my self confidence.

Breast Lift Timing?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Yes, it is possible to have a breast lift now ( preferably when you have reached a long-term stable weight)  as long as you're well informed and understand the downsides associated with breast lifting surgery.

Issues such as scarring, breast asymmetry, potential loss of sensation, potential innovator breast-feed, and potentially for further surgery should be considered ( as some of the trade-offs of mastopexy surgery). Only after adequately considering the trade-offs can you make an informed decision about whether to proceed with the surgery and/or the appropriate time to have the procedure done.

When the time is right, please make sure you are consulting with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Breast lift during childbearing years

+1
You could have a lift now, but with the understanding that another pregnancy may require a second lift. If your skin is lax and did not snap back after the pregnancy, then you could reasonably expect to need a second operation. This is a matter of balancing your emotional needs with your finances and making a decision that is right for you.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast lift before pregnancy!

+1

As long as you understand the risks, go for it!

Here are the risks;

1- Scarring - go for a procedure with less scarring - Lejour or Goes is best!

2- Plan for a second lift after your next child. Pick a procedure that can easily be redone - Lejour or Goes!

3-Breast feeding - lifts can affect your ability to breast feed through reduced milk production or loss of nipple sensation - in my experience, Goes lift has fewest breast feeding risks.

Good Luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breast lift before done having children.

+1

There are a few points you need to consider if you are having a breast lift before you are done having children.  The first is that with some breast surgeries the ability to breast feed afterwards is not guaranteed.  Therefore if you absolutely must breast feed you should not have the surgery.  Also, you must understand that if you get pregnant again your breast shape will change with and after pregnancy.  You may need to have your lift repeated later on.  If you can accept these facts, then breast lift before you are done having children may be ok for you.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Pregnancy

+1

This is a decision that only you can make once you have all of the facts. You should consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. Your surgeon will discuss the pros and cons of the procedure and help you when making this decision. Personally, I encourage most of my patients to wait until they are finished having babies.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast contouring, #BreastAugmentation, #Breastlift, #mastopexy

+1

Dear emmajade18 in South Australia.

There is no one right answer.  This is about lifestyle and self-esteem.  Discuss the options, costs and risks with your Plastic Surgeon.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Breast lift and pregnancy

+1

This is hard to answer. Getting a breast lift now will give you improvement until the time you get pregnant again. After that it is hard to predict the degree of effect the pregnancy will have on your results. Typically, it produces increased stretching and some recurrence of the sagging. So you need to be aware you may need a revision of the lift in the future.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

+1

Basically, the decision that you need to make is which is more important to you,  your  self esteem verses the need for additional surgery as has been discussed by the other respondants. Only you can answer that question.  If you do choose to proceed with a breast lift,  it will be important for your weight to stabilize.  It is uncear from the pictures, but you may be carrying alot of that "baby" weight around with you, and this is certainly contributing to the current size and shape of the breasts. Also, your breasts look larger than a "C" cup.  The outcome of a breast lift will be affected by future changes in weight as well as future pregnancies.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

+1

As long as you understand that you will likely need a secondary breast lift after future children, I would definately tell you to go for it!  There is no reason that you cannot enjoy perky breasts until you are ready for more children.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

If you are thinking about having more children, you may want to delay having a breast lift until after that time. It is hard to predict what the breasts will look like after pregnancy.