Breast Lift Options After Weight Loss?

I was wondering what would be my best option? When I was a teen I was a 40 DD and I was overweight. When I left high school I got into fitness and started eating right, I'm happy with my results except for my breasts. They are now a 34 small D/C and they are saggy.

I'm 23 and I was wondering what type of Breast lift would be best for me? I've tried different creams and such but they do not really do much.

Types of Breast Lift

+2

Congrats on your weight loss. Unfortunately, the creams and other stuff out there really dont help and surgery would be your best bet to achieve the results of a lifted and more full breasts.

Difficult to say without seeing you, but from what you tell us, it is likely that you will require what is call a T lift or anchor mastopexy or wise pattern mastopexy. They are all the same and result in a scar around the areola, down the breast and along the crease.

In some patients this is performed along with augmentation with implants to achieve a fuller breast that retains it upper pole fullness after everything has settled.

Good luck.

Breast Lifting after Weight Loss?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss and healthy lifestyle.

Based on your weight loss and description of your breasts,  you may be an excellent candidate for breast lifting and/or breast augmentation surgery.  Exactly which technique you will benefit from will depend on your physical examination, remaining skin elasticity, and your goals.

Timing of surgery may also be a concern;  it is best to do these operations when you are at a long-term stable weight, in a psychosocially stable  place and after pregnancies (if possible).

Consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful.

Breast Lift

+1

The creams and lotions will not work. You may have several options. Upon consultation and evaluation, a well trained board certified plastic surgeon will be able to discuss the options which would best address your concerns.

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift options

+1

Without seeing you in person it is hard to say what would be best for you. Certainly limiting the incisions and giving the best shape is the goal. So lollipop type incisions or an anchor or the two most common types.

Breast Lift Options After Weight Loss

+1

You have a number of breast surgery options which will depend on your current anatomy. Sometimes all that is needed is a breast lift. Breast lift plastic surgery can improve the profile of sagging breasts, making breasts look more youthful and perky.  For massive weight loss patients, it can also remove a lot of the excess loose skin and reduce your areola size.

Breast lift surgery is done to improve the profile of sagging breasts, changing their position on the body to appear more youthful. If you have lost volume in your breasts as well, the breast lift can be combined with breast implants to restore fullness.

Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast lift after weight loss

+1

Patients who have experienced significant weight loss have many options in breast recontour and surgery. Ultimately, your best choice will depend on the quality of your skin and how high your breast needs to be elevated. Many patients with significant weight loss have lost a great deal of volume in their breast and may also benefit from the use of an implant at the time of their breast lift surgery. Please keep in mind that after significant weight loss your skin has probably changed. Your skin will sag at a quicker rate than normal skin. This may predispose you to need a second or revision breast lift at a later date, especially if you use implants.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Vertical breast lift gives perky breasts.

+1

Hi.

You sound like a great candidate for a vertical breast lift.  This operation (Lejour technique) lifts the breasts from the inside so that you have a long term result and leaves  only a lollipop scar.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Your best breast lift (mastopexy) after weight loss

+1

Winterdreamer:

Congratulations on achieving your fitness goals. The loss of breast size and firmness you describe is not unusual after what you've gone through, and aesthetic breast surgery can help.www.expertplasticsurgeon.com/html/breast-lift-reduction.html

You would need an in-person consultation with an experienced breast surgeon to get an individualized opinion, but here are some general guidelines.

1. If the change you experienced has caused only the nipple to sag down, then lift might be limited to raising the nipple and areola (peri-areolar mastopexy - scar around the areola).

2. If the changes have caused looses skin or loose breast tissue overhang, then the lift should involve removal of looseness from the lower breast (vertical or inverted-T mastopexy, depending on degree).

3. If the changes have left you with little fullness in the upper pole of the breast, then you options include internal support sutures or a small implant. I would not suggest a large implant, as you will probably notice additional sagging.

Your breasts would not get smaller from a lift procedure, only better shaped. Future breast feeding or nipple sensation may be affected. Your surgeon, after the assessment, could tell you how extensive your procedure would be.

Sutton Graham II, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Type of breast lift depends on exam

+1

From the description you have given you definitely need a breast lift but the type of lift will depend on your exam - basically where most of your breast tissue and nipple/areola is positioned as compared to the fold underneath your breast. When there is minimal sagging you may just need an implant, if there is moderate sagging you may need an implant combined with a lift and if there is a significant amount of sagging, then you may need to have a breast lift first and then decide whether or not you need a breast implant for size. If you have large enough breasts already, then you may only need a breast lift and no implant. These are all concerns and questions I would go over with your board certified plastic surgeon at the time of your consultation. There are three types of lift - the doughnut, lollipop and inverted-T or anchor. These can be drawn out for your during your consultation.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

Exam needed

+1

There are several types of mastopexies. My opinion is that with any significant degree of ptosis (saggin, nipple descent) you would be best served by the "anchor" type. It is the most effective at shaping the breasts, and raising the nipples. It is the biggest of the procedrues and leaves most scars which fade nicely over time.

If you have minimal sagging an implant may be all that is needed to make you happy.

One thing also to consider is that surgery of the breast may render you incapable of breast feeding. After child rearing, your breasts may also sag again.

Congratulations on getting healthy.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD