I Have Had 4 Breast Lift Operations, After my Initial Breast Augmentation. They Won't Stay Up? (photo)

I am 28.I have had 4 breast lift surgeries.My 1st breast aug was in 2010.They won't stay up.I wanted a round "fake look".That wasnt achieved after my first surgery.On my 2nd surgery,he removed almost all of my natural tissue. My scars are horrible. On the 3rd surgery he tacked my implants to my ribs.On the 4th surgery he did a scar recision&another lift.Now I have rippling,my nipples are uneven&he changed the shape when I asked him not to.He wants to do another lift.I am very hesitant&unhappy.

I Have Had 4 Breast Lift Operations, After my Initial Breast Augmentation. They Won't Stay Up?

+2

There are several options here including downsizing implants, IMF reinforcement with a dermal matrix, IMF reinforcement with a depithelialized flap, etc.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

I Have Had 4 Breast Lift Operations

+2

There is a limit to how much weight the thinned out skin you have will tolerate, and your course shows that you are beyond the limit. 

A couple of suggestions:

• These look like they may be above the muscle--if so, move them to submuscular.This would reduce rippling and decrease the chances of contracture.
  • Switch to smaller implants--maybe 400 cc
  • Use acellular dermal matrix (Strattice) to reinforce the lower pole of the implants rather than your own tissues which have failed.
  • Don't mess with the scars--they appear better than average. 

I would also think about a second opinion. All the best. 

4 breast augmentation surgeries and still unhappy

+2

Thin breast tissue and large implants sometimes are not a good combination. At some point you may want to consider downsizing if and when you decide to undergo another revision surgery. The inframammary fold can be repaired over and over again. But, if the weight of a large implant is constantly placing pressure along the repair, the implants will continue to break through the repair and drop. If you are hesitant to downsize, you may want to consider having a plastic surgeon repair your breast fold using an acellular dermal matrix to provide extra strength, thickness, and support. Sorry that you have not reached your breast augmentation goals. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Reinforce sagging implants with Strattice internal bra

+1

As you can tell from the previous posts, large implants will not hold up over time without adding support. Another breast lift will not improve things. Your best option is probably an internal bra with an acellular matrix such as Strattice. Downsizing is siomething to consider as well.

Richard Baxter, MD

600CC is HUGE and hard to maintain its position

+1

Thanks fo ryour question and pic. I understand your desire is to have a rounder look. Because of your thin frame and small chest diameter your implant choices  are limited. As the implant size/volume increases, so does the diameter. Gravity is going to cause your implant to stretch the lower pole and thus it will appear to "drop". You don't need a lift! if you lift the nipple any more it might "flip" and point upward.You may need Strattice or something to support the lower pole. I think your first best option however would be to decrease the volume in the implant. Best of luck.

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Why won't they stay up?

+1

Its difficult to accomplish your goal with implants that large.  You have to consider downsizing and even that won't guarantee they will produce the result you desire.  In addition to what has been mentioned, you could consider textured anatomic implants that should become fixed in position and ripple less but this may take wearing a bra 24/7 for several weeks.  Again, without knowing what you started with, its difficult to critique but its pretty obvious your body cannot handle that size.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast implants can be too large.

+1

The diameter of the implants in the picture exceed the normal anatomic borders of the breast. With implants of that size I can't see how any operation is going to make him look normal. I think you should consider a smaller volume.