Do I Need a Breast Lift Along with my Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I am a 30yo mother of two. I've decided on a breast augmentation due to the loss of fullness of my breasts after pregnancies and lengthy breast feeding. I am currently a 34 D. I can not decide if I need a lift along with my breast augmentation. I am hoping to be a full, large 34DD. Does it look as if I will need a lift?

Implants Without a Lift Can Cause Additional Sagging

+1

In short, yes, it appears from your photo that you would be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants to address breast asymmetry in addition to ptosis, or drooping of the breast.

It's normal for the breasts to sag as you grow older. The breasts, like the rest of the body, tend to sag with age. The sagging can be exacerbated by childbirth, genetics, stretch marks on the breast skin, weight gain, and weight loss. Implants alone would likely cause additional sagging.

Mastopexy-augmentation (breast lift with implants) will likely give you the best results, addressing the ptosis, asymmetry and loss of volume all in one surgical session. Be sure to discuss all of your options with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/Breast-lift-with-implants.php

LIft and augmentation?

+1

It is very possible that you could benefit from a lift and an implant to achieve the cup size you desire and the shape.  There is definite asymmetry and the left one looks lower.  An exam in person would be essential to make an accurate assessment.

Is a lift needed?

+1

It is difficult to give any recommendations without a physical exam.  However, based on your photo, it appears your have some asymmetry with respect to your nipple position.  To correct this asymmetry and to improve on your mild/moderate sagging, I think a lift would be needed to improve your augmentation results.  Please visit with a board certified PS in your area.  Best of luck.
Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Augmentation With/Without Lift

+1

From your photo I feel that you do need a breast lift.  Although a lateral view is not available, it looks as if your nipples are close to, if not below, your inframammary fold.  Also since you only want to increase by one cup size, I do not think you can achieve the upper pole fullness you want with an implant alone.

The weight of implants can make sag worse without a lift.

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.  From the picture, it would appear that a lift would be beneficial to correct asymmetry and make your breasts perky.  If you just get implants,they will drop into the breast skin envelop, and the weight of the implants will cause your breasts to sag even more. 

A breast lift is not mandatory but is probably going to give you the best long term result. I hope this helps.

Do I Need a Breast Lift Along with my Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although it is impossible to accurately tell where your nipple is and what degree of breast overhang you have in relation to the inframammary crease without examining you and making measurements, it does appear that your breasts are somewhat sagging, especially on the left side.  Since implants do not lift breasts, they just fill them out where they are, the significant asymmetry between your breasts would persist.  If you do not want your left breast to continue to hang down far below your right breast, you will need at least a left breast lift, and probably would do better with a bilateral breast lift for symmetry and better contour.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html

Lift with augmentation

+1

I think you would benefit from a lift to improve your shape and symmetry.  Make sure you see a board certified surgeon.

Yes

+1

Based on your expressed desires and the photograph, the implants will give you the volume (size) you want and the lift will give you the shape and symmetry

Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift

+1

I believe that you do need both the lift and the augmentation.  The combined operation should also correct the asymmetry between the breasts.

Breast lift with augmentation?

+1

Not only do your breasts appear ptotic(saggy) in the photo you sent, but they also seem to be at different levels.  Breast lift could correct both of these problems, and along with an implant could give you the look you desire.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon