Would I need a breast lift or a lift with implants?

I have had 3 children and have extra skin and saggy breasts. My nipples have always pointed downward which I think contributes to the saggy look. I do not feel my breasts are "empty" and was told they are very glandular. I am a 34d and am happy with that size. I want more perky/ full breasts but not larger. Can I accomplish this with just a lift?? Thank you :)

If your size is good, then a breast lift is all you need!

+2
If your breast size is to your liking, then a properly-performed breast lift will remove only about one ounce of skin. If you have really saggy and "long" breasts, then perhaps 30-60 grams of skin may need to be removed, but those surgeons who tell you that you will have more tissue removed and "need" implants are not giving you good advice, IMHO. But that assumes you do have the size you want/need to adequately "fill" your higher, tighter skin brassiere after full breast lift.

More perky--same size: lift only.

But "more perky/full" means larger to most surgeons. Yet you added the next phrase "but not larger."

That pretty much tells me full breast lift ONLY would be best for you. Personal examination and consultation with an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon will be your best next step. For several examples of my patients with breast lift only, click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift alone without augmentation is possible if you're happy with breast size

+1
Yes is certainly possible to do a breast lift alone without breast augmentation if you have significant breast gland tissue and are happy with the size of your breasts.

Be aware however that after the breast lift although the shape of the breast and the nipple position are improved the breasts will not feel firm and full.  Often after breast lift alone when wearing a bra or bikini the skin in the cleavage area is jiggly and loose.  For this reason many patients choose at least a small implant for upper pole fullness and firmness after the breast lift.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1
   If you are happy with the breast size, the breast lift would likely produce the result that you want.