Breast Lift and Nipple Reduction Before or After Pregnancy?

I am researching about Breast lift (Mastopexy) and Nipple reduction. I have had 2 children, and breast fed both. However, we are contemplating on having 1 more child. Would you advise waiting until I am definitely done bearing child?

Breast surgery and pregnancy. Should I stay or should I go?

+1

I think most plastic surgeon's agreed that he should wait to have breast aesthetic surgery after considering having additional children in the near future. Additional pregnancy with will continue to affect the appearance of her breasts and possibly cause more sagging and loss of volume. Additionally, breast surgery can affect her ability to breast feed and therefore, it is more prudent to wait until your finished having children. Many times, women who has had multiple pregnancies will also have excess skin and loose abdominal muscles (rectus diastases) which will also need to be addressed after they had completed all of their pregnancies. Many times both the breast and abdominal surgery can be done at the same time. Good luck.

Surgery when you are done having children

+1

Definately wait until you are done having children. Unfortunately, plastic surgery does not guarantee permanent results. Factors such as, pregnancy, breast-feeding, weight loss/gain could affect the look of your breasts. You do not want to risk needing revisionary surgery. For more information, check out and compare before and after photos of patients. Good luck! 

Breast lift surgery before or after pregnancy

+1

A breast lift surgery is best performed after surgery and breast-feeding. As you know, your body will undergo significant physiological changes with your pregnancy and breast-feeding. It is best to focus on your pregnancy during this time and wait for your body to recover from these changes. We recommend that patients wait at least 4 to 6 months after stopping breast-feeding before considering breast surgery.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast lift and pregnancy

+1

If you are contemplating having additional children, then I would recommend that you wait to have a breast lift until after the pregnancy. I would recommend waiting at least 6 months or longer after delivering opr until you approach your pre-pregnancy weight.

Mastopexy and pregnancy

+1

The next pregnancy and possible breast feeding will bring more changes to your breast.

Wait on the mastopexy till you finish having children. you will be happier and less expenssive

Do breast lift after pregnancy.

+1

Hi.

Since you are contemplating another baby soon, I would say wait till after your pregnancy to get a breast lift.  You will get a more permanent result.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast lift before or after pregnancy

+1

If you are certain you are going to have another child, particularly if it will be soon, I would wait for two reasons

1) The breast lift and nipple reduction could certainly effect your ability to breast feed.

2) Breast engorgement and breast feeding can effect the results of the breast lift. This could be significant enough to require another lift to get you back to where you would like to be.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Best to wait

+1

It sounds as though you are pretty sure you want another child. If you were to invest the time, funds and recovery time into having a breast lift with augmentation, you risk your tissues stretching and diminishing your result. If your breasts didn't change much with previous pregnancies in terms of volume or shape, you may consider having the surgery. There will alway be the risk of a decreased ability to breast feed after surgery though. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Since you know your plans to have another child I would wait tell after you have had this last child

+1

Recently it was reported that the ill effects on a woman's breast is from pregnancy and not from the nursing of the child. Since you seem to have had some changes to your breast from your first children I would wait until after this last child to have your breast corrected. It would be sad to have a beautiful result and then loose it from an additional pregnancy.

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD