What Are The Different Techniques For a Breast Lift with Implants? What's Right For Me? (photo)

I am considering of having a Breast Lift with Implants, however I want to be very well informed before I make a decision with my surgeon. I am doing some research about the breast lift techniques along with the type of implants used. I would like to have different opinions in order to get an idea about the best procedure for me. Thanks!

Breast lift type

+1

I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Benelli breast lift (circular scar around nipples) works very well with implants.

+1

Hi.

1)  You look like a great candidate for this approach.

2)  The base of your breasts looks a little constricted.  So the vertical (lollipop) lift is not a good idea because it narrows the base further.

3)  In my opinion, the inverted T operation is almost never indicated for a routine lift.  (It is indicated for really big breast reductions.)

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Lift augmentation

+1

From these pictures I can tell that you have what we call a grade 3/4 ptosis (sagging), more pronounced on the right then the left. At this stage an areolar lift is usually not enough and you will probably need a more involved lift with either vertical or inverted T incisions, along with the implants. The size and profile of the implants are best determined during your examination and after measurments are taken.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Breast lift techniques

+1

Based solely on yoru photos, you may be a good candidate for a circumareola lift( incision jsut around the areola) and implants, or possibly a lollipop lift and an implant..

Breast lift Techniques?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery.

All breast lifting surgery techniques involve removal of skin to tighten up the breasts skin “envelope”. In your case, you will probably be best served with a vertical mastopexy procedure;  this involves incisions around the areola and vertically down the breast.  I think this will give you the best results as opposed to a circumareolar/donut mastopexy.

Breast augmentation will help to increase the size/fullness of the breasts. This can be done with saline or silicone breast implants (individualized after direct patient examination).

Breast lift and implant options

+1

An exam is vital especially to determine exactly where your inframammary crease is and how long is the distance from the crease to the lower areolar border.  These factors determine your options to a great degree.  Basically you need an implant for volume and fullness and you need to determine with the doctor which "profile" will work best for you based on the "look" you want.  Next you need a lift and in my opinion not just one with a periareolar scar.  You need at least one with a vertical scar too.  Depending on the presence of excess skin some element in the crease as well may be beneficial.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS