Breast Lift or Just Implants?

After my pregnancy, my breasts became soft and kind of droopy. I hate them. My son is now 9 years old and I have to do something about it. I am petite. 5'1" with 105 lbs and 28 years old. Will I need a breast lift or will implants lift my breasts. I am scared my scar will be visible.

Breat lift or breast augmentation

+3

Your breast shape is completely normal following breast feeding and pregnancy. The best option to get a shape and size proportional to your body frame and age would be a vertical breast lift with a 300cc High profile  silicone implant for a perky medium C cup look. A breast augmentation alone would result in increased size but the areola would be too low - you wont like it. If you do a lift only you will be too small in size. Trust me I'm a doctor! My practice is 90% breast lifts and augments. Recovery is 1 week of soreness like breast feeding.  The scar fade at about 12months to your normal scar color.

Lift???

+2

The recommendations for you really depend on exactly what you want.  You have choices and it's important that you understand the advantages and disadvantages of each.  A vertical breast lift (Mastopexy) with a small implant may work best for you if you're OK with a little more volume.  You are petite so you need to be careful not to end up with a result that looks great when you're undressed, but makes you look heavier in clothing.  Scars are a concern with a vertical lift but honestly, in my experience, patients worry a lot before surgery and much less afterward.  These scars tend to heal well and, although there are no guarantees, most patients are not bothered afterward.  You do have the option of placing an implant over the muscle and avoiding the lift all together.  This is an option I have used a lot and, for the right patient, this gives the best shape and minimal scars.  I'd need to see you to evaluate whether this is a good option in your case.  I would show you photos of other patients similar to you treated this way.  None of these options are right or wrong, they just each have their place and you deserve to be educated about your choices before making any decisions.  Good Luck!

Implants vs lift???

+2

Nothing beats a physical exam but the pictures you uploaded do help!  You will most likely require a breast lift in addition to implants but this all depends on your expectations and tolerance for scars. There are, however, many options when it comes to breast lift. These are best discussed in person after the surgeon can do a physical exam as well as get a feel for what your goals are. I suggest you find a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery. Your case and concerns are very common so don't worry!

Lift or Implants

+1

Thank you for posting photos!  Depending on what result you are hoping to achieve, you will most likely benefit from a lift with or without implants.  A lift will decrease your areola size, relocate it to a more central location on your breast mound and tighten up the loose skin resulting in a more perky breast.  You can do a lift without an implant if you are just hoping to have perkier breasts but not increase your volume or if you are seeking upper pole fullness as well, then do a breast augmentation with your lift with a small silicone gel implant.  There is a scar around your areola and a vertical one going from your areola to your fold, like a lollipop.  There are scar treatments to help minimize their appearance which you can discuss with your surgeon.  Definitely consult with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can go over your concerns and discuss your expectations and also look at the scar pattern of a lift.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Droopy breasts require scars to lift them

+1

and there are many techniques out there.  If you are happy with your volume/size, you do not need implants.  If you're worried about scars, consider the Hornbeck lift where you have a scar along your fold and one around your nipple (no vertical scar) but make sure you know your revision policy as these tend to be full laterally.  Otherwise the vertical, autoaugmentation would do quite well.  You could have retained areola as well so be wary of this.

Breast implants alone can sometimes camouflage ptosis of the breasts.

+1

There is a good possibility that sub glandular implants may camouflage the true ptosis you have of the breasts of a mastopexy is not necessary. Discuss this with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Implants +/- lift

+1

For the nicest possible result, I would recommend a lift with implants. In the right hands, a lift would give you the most natural, perkiest and most beautiful shape to your breasts. Implants alone would be OK would it would not address the enlarged areolas and droopy skin. Hope that helps.

Breast lift or implants?

+1

Breast implants do not lift the breasts to any great extent. You will need a lift to elevate the nipple and tighten the skin envelope.

Breast lift or just implants

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing photos. While it is impossible to tell for sure based on photos alone without an actual exam, it seems like you would be better treated with a lift and implants. I think that a breast augmentation alone would result in some continued sag, and that the shape of the breast would not be optimal. While the lift would create some scars, it is usually a welcomed trade off for the improvement in the breast shape and contour.

A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you make the final determination. While some women will use oversized implants in attempts to avoid a lift, the results when this is done are rarely great.

Best of luck with your breasts.

Jeff Rockmore

Albany Plastic Surgeon

Lift or not

+1

this is tough to answer with these photos. If you would like larger breasts then implants will be necessary. Lateral views and an examination is best to discuss the lift