Do I Need a Breast Lift or Would Implants Alone Look Okay? (photo)

im 21 years old and I've lost 50 pounds over the last 3 years so my breasts are a lot smaller and not as ''tight'' I've already had a consultation with a very good plastic surgeon and he told me that i don't need a breast lift but i just wanted more opinions... thanks!!

Breast lift not required

+1
Nice job on losing all that weight! You have a great breast contour and probably don't require a breast lift. Breast augmentation alone is most likely sufficient in achieving your goals.

Breast lift after weight loss?

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss Charlie, that's fantastic!  I would not recommend a breast lift for you. Based on your photos, I think a breast augmentation alone will give you a great result.  Of course you should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and have a more detailed discussion with you.  But I don't see any reason why you would need a breast lift. I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not to lift.

+1

From the photos you provided, I do not believe you would need a lift with a breast augmentation. You have a paucity of skin and your nipples are in good position. Best of luck with your breast augmentation!

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug or lift

+1

Good job with improving your health and appearance with your weight loss.  You look terrific (the miracle of youth). 

You don't need a lift.  Be careful not to go too big with implants.  Your breasts are very small and you are slender and too big implants will look bad and also thin out your breast tissue and stretch out your skin.   Also, gel implants would be best for you.  You're lucky to be in Canada.  In the States, you'd have to wait until you are 22 to get gels.  Aren't we Americans just crazy?

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

You do not require a breast lift

+1

I would not recommend a breast lift for you.  You would look wonderful and natural with breast augmentation only.  You need to have enough volume to feel out the skin envelop.  The 300cc range would be good.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Do I need a breast lift?

+1

The pictures are very helpful and I would strongly recommend against a breast lift.  For women, such as yourself, who are questioning wheter a breast lift is necessary a great tool is 3D imaging.  This gives you the opportunity to "see" a fairly accurate simulation of the result before surgery.  This would help you and your plastic surgeon communicate more effectively regarding other issues such as breast shape and size.

York Yates MD - Utah.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Lift or just implants

+1

The pictures are very helpful and you absolutely do not need a lift.  You and your plastic surgeon should think carefully about the size, type and style of implants since you do not have much soft tissue coverage and the distance between your breasts is rather large.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

I Agree That You Don't Need Lift

+1

I agree with the plastic surgeon with whom you consulted.  Although many patients who have achieved a 50 pound weight loss (congratulations!) will need a mastopexy or breast lift, it does not appear that you do.  I think you wil get a very nice result with an augmentation alone in view of you nipple location (above the infrmammary fold).

John Whitt, MD

Weight loss and breast surgery

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss.  You absolutely do not need a lift.  Good choice seeing a board certified plastic surgeon.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Need a lift?

+1

OK if you get a hundred more plastic surgeons to agree you don't need a lift, will you be happy? They all will.

Dr Foster 

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon