Do I Need a Breast Lift or Only Implants? (photo)

I was overweight when I was younger and have lost 55lbs since. My breasts were never large to begin with and at this point have lost even more volume and are saggy which makes me extremely insecure. Once I reach my weight loss goal (15lbs to go) I plan to get my breasts augmented though I am not sure if I only need implants or if I should get implants with a lift. Any recommendations?

Breast augmentation and /or lift?

+1

First, you have a tuberous deformity of the breast.  It is very narrow bilaterally and the two breasts appear to be very different. You will need an augmentation to improve the volume and width, and a lift to raise the descended soft tissue and make the areola smaller.

Implants and a lift are best for constricted breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs and congratulations on your weight loss. Based on the pictures, you definitely need a lift to correct the sagging and improve the shape of your breasts. You appear to have a condition known as constricted breasts. This generally requires both a lift and implants for proper correction. Good luck with your surgery.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy and Augmentation Needed

+1

Based on your photos, your nipples are almost pointing down to the floor.  In addition, you have some constriction of your breast base.   After a formal examination, I would most likely recommend a treatment plan that would involve a lift (mastopexy) as well as an augmentation.   Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast lift or implants only

+1

I definitely think you will get the best result with an augmentation and breast lift.  Your breasts are too small and your areolae are too low to get a great result with one or the other of the above procedures.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Breast Lift VS. Breast Augmentation with Lift

+1

You appear to have slightly constricted and sagging breasts. In my opinion you should do well well with a breast Augmenation in which the tuberous like constriction was released and the breasts lifted. 

Breast Lift or Implants Only

+1

Your pictures suggest that you will need a breast lift (although not so clearly on the side view) in order to get a good breast shape and appropriate position of your nipple relative to the implant. So it is difficult to say for sure without examining you. It is nice to avoid the additional scars of a breast lift if possible. You might be able to get away with an implant alone by lowering your inframmary fold and expanding the lower pole so that the implants ends up being closer to centered behind the nipple. This might not provide the very best breast shape, but might be better than having the additonal scars of a lift. If instead you truly need a lift, then that could be done along with addressing issues like breast assymetry and enlarged areolas. If you also want to be augmented, I suggest that be done as a secondary procedure as it is very difficult to get good consistent results when done at the same time as the lift, as the operations tend to work against one another. In addition, if you have an implant secondarily you will have a much larger range of choice of implant size. 

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

You will need breast lift

+1

You have done a great job by losing the extra weight. Your breast tissue been stretched too much and sagged. You will breast lift to make the areola smaller and lift the breast tissue. The other concern is the space between your breast tissue. I would recommend breast lift and fat grafting to give cleavage and some volume. This can be done in one setting. If you are interested in larger than small C size breast, I would suggest implant later on. You can see some examples at my web site.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Masto-Augmentaion

+1

Hi, Thank you for the pictures. I wil suggest that you go for mastopexy and augmentation. Good luck

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift or Implants Only?

+1

Based on your pictures, I would suggest a breast lift and implants.  This will allow the surgeon to improve symmetry with the lift portion and size with the implants.  However, an in person consultation would be necessary for specific recommendations.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Lift or implants

+1

Because of the location of your nipples and the asymmetry in the shape of your breasts, you will certainly require a lift of some sort to "normalize" the shape and position. Once that is done, you may or may not want to augment the size with implants. If planned carefully, this can be accomplished at the same surgery. The key phrase is "planned carefully."

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD