Combining Breast Lift with Implants and Tummy Tuck Safe?

Is it safe to have breast lift with breast implants exchange and Tummy Tuck at once?

Combining Breast Lift/Augmentation and Tummy Tuck

+1
Breast implants/Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck are often Performed Together SafelyDifferent surgeons will recommend different procedures including doing more than one at a time. Some surgeons also differ in ability, time it takes to do the same procedure and general. It makes this a difficult choice for patients. Based on my own experience I would do all at once as long as it takes 4 or less hours. Surgeons should never perform elective operations that they are uncomfortable performing or feel unwise for them, nor should they be faulted for doing so. However, for me, I typically perform a tummy tuck and breast augmentation and lift (mastopexy) at the same time and usually takes about 3-4 hours so I recommend this be done in one surgery and this is what many refer to a Mommy Makeover.

Not only that,if you did not need a breast lift, I usually place breast implants through the Tummy Tuck incision but I prefer this technique. Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Combination makes sense and is safe. Contrary to some of the answers I have found that the recovery time is not delayed and is the same as the tummy tuck procedure by itself. That is because you are healing simultaneously and not sequentially - both heal at the same time. The procedure only takes me about a half hour to 45 minutes longer than the tummy tuck alone. Best of all, I usually put in the breast implants through the tummy tuck incision so that there are no scars on the breasts.
I have performed many of these combination procedures over the past few decades and think it is a great idea without significant increased complications

Combining Breast Surgery with Tummy Tuck?

+1

Assuming you are in good health, you are working with well experienced board certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist, the surgery is being performed in a fully accredited surgery center/hospital, and the procedure can be kept to a “reasonable” time ( for example 6 hours)  then these procedures can be performed at the same time.

“Safety” is a relative term;  there is no doubt that the risks/complications of surgery increase as the length  and complexity of surgery increases.  These risks should be weighed against the pros/advantages of having the multiple procedures performed at the same time.

I hope this helps

Breast lift and tummy tuck

+1

Combining a breast lift and tummy tuck is quite commone. I joke around that it is the "blue plate" special!

Breast lift with breast implants and tummy tuck can be safe.

+1

Hi.

Breast lift with breast implants together with a tummy tuck can be done safely in an accredited operating room, IF you are young and thin and healthy, and you go home with a registered nurse. That's our routine in Manhattan.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implants with lift and tummy tuck

+1

Combining procedures has gained popularity over the past several years. This is safe to do provided the patient is healthy and has medical clearance from their primary care physician or internist. The length of the procedure is also a factor, the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) guidelines recommend that outpatient procedures be done in less than six hours if the patient is to be discharged to their home. If the procedure is longer, the patient should remain in a hospital for observation or stay in an after-care facility overnight.

The major risk of this combination of procedures or of a lengthy surgery is that of blood clot formation in the lower extremities, which could become life threatening if the clot should spread to the heart and lungs. Using sequential compressive devices with elastic stockings and early ambulation (walking) can help to keep this risk low, about 0.5% - 1%.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon before considering a combination of procedures or a surgery that will be particulary lengthy.

William Bruno, MD

Combining procedures can be safe

+1

Combining procedures such as a breast lift and implants along with a tumy tuck can be done. Most plastic surgeons throughout the country routinely do this.

However, you should be aware of the fact that there is no question that risks increase along with the time of the surgery. There are always risks with any surgery. If you combine these procedures, the risks are combined and increased.

You should have a very thorough discussion with your surgeon concerning this. As long as you understand the risks, benefits and alternatives, it is okay.

John Diaz, MD

Combining procedures

+1

Hi,

Yes, these procedures can be performed at the same time on the right patient. As long are you are in good health, this should be fine. However, anytime procedures are combined, the amount of time in the OR is incresed so this also increases your risks for surgery. It is important to understand this fully. You will also want to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to make sure that you are a good candidate to combine the procedures.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Combining Breast lift with implants and Tummy Tuck safe?

+1

Absolutely, why not?

I can tell you why not - if you are not healthy, have an underlying medical condition that could affect your healing, the doctor you want to do your breast surgery you would not want to do your abdominal surgery, vice versa - the Doctor does not feel this is the right combination for you,

So, your request is not abnormal and does have advantages "if" everything is correct. Time to get off the web and go see doctors in you area that will help you. Your web "home work" should help you going forward.

Michael Kulick, MD

If you are healthy, an experienced surgeon can safely combine breast and tummy tuck surgery

+1

The combination of breast lift and augmentation with a tummy tuck is often referred to as the "mommy makeover" although many object to the term.

The keys to safe surgery are:

1. Your health status

2. The skill of your surgeon

3. The time you are under anesthesia.

These operations are frequently done safely together at one operation.

If you are healthy with no serious medical illness or contraindication, then you should be able to have these procedures at one operation.

My recommendation is that elective surgery is safest if the procedures can be accomplished in 4 hours or less.

The breast lift and augmentation and tummy tuck can be done in 4 hours by an experienced skilled surgeon with an excellent assistant or a second plastic surgeon.

Be specific with your questions during consultation with your board certified plastic surgeon.

You do not want to end up with a slower surgeon spending 6 or 8 hours in the OR--that increases the chance of complications.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS