Breast Lift with Implants - Open Wounds?

I had a breast lift with implants 3weeks ago (out of USA), I have open wounds under each of my breasts and under one of the niples...what is the best way to deal with this complication?

Breast lift with implants/ open wounds

+1

Most infections are superficial and can dealt with relatively easily. Some require antibiotics before the implants get infected. This is something that I am certain your plastic surgeon would want to know about.

Cosmetic surgery outside of the US can leave you with costly complications

+1

You should see a plastic surgeon immediately to deal with your complications.  He or she will probably charge you for the visit and any necessary procedures to correct the problems.  Revisions for surgery done in the US are usually free of charge by the surgeon that does the initial surgery.

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/PhotoGallery_BreastAugmentation_211370.aspx

Wounds after Breast Augmentation/Lifting and out of Country?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing;  most of the time these wounds tend to be superficial and heal with local wound care that may involve topical antibiotics, nonstick/sterile dressings. Sometimes  however the complication can be more serious and requires immediate attention.

I would suggest communicating with your plastic surgeon via e-mail/phone and possibly with the help of photographs. Your operating plastic surgeon may be able to help you locate a plastic surgeon in your country.  If possible he can communicate directly with a cooperative plastic surgeon in your country, making it easier for you to gain access to that plastic surgeon. This in-person consultation will be the best way to receive good advice and/or reassurance.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

+1

This recurring problem illustrates the issues of patient may face when having surgery done out of town.

Photos might help those of us to try to answer questions on this site. It is possible that the open wounds were present a minor problem and it is possible that they represent a major problem.

He might try e-mail photos to your surgeon to get an opinion.but that we'll only work if you don't need hands-on attention. The best way to deal with this is to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area. If you can't find one who is willing to go help you a wound center or emergency room may be your next and only options.

good luck best wishes