Breast lift or implants only (for now)? (photo)

I have recently lost weight and my nipples are higher up now. A friend of mine says go for saline, they will look round and perky without a lift. Please advise, thank you.

Breast lift or just implants?

+1

If you are looking for round and perky breasts, you will most likely need a lift with implants. If you are just seeking more volume then implants alone may suffice for now with possible lift in the future. I would choose silicone gel over saline but with the amount of breast tissue you have, either will do the job. Another thought, you can always just do an augmentation and see if you are happy with that and if not, do a lift later using the same implants, but it would require 2 surgeries and 2 recoveries so something to think about. Definitely go see a board certified plastic surgeon and go over your options at that time. Try on implants and feel the difference between silicone and saline. Good luck! ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

​Breast augmentation and breast lift with or without implants

+1

Breast augmentation and breast lift with or without implants

Your areola is in a good position but you need additional volume which can be placed with saline or silicone.

Fat grafting is another option areola reduction for a small breast lift and better size would be a good option

To lift or not

+1

You really need a lift with some small implants. I recommend saline under the muscle. Saline implants are much more trouble free over the long term in my opinion.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
You state that you do not want a lift. Most women do not want lifts because of the ugly vertical scars associated with the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. However, there is a new technique, Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM), that uses only a circumareola incision. The breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. If you undergo implants alone, your breasts will droop even more. I do not recommend saline implants because they can leak and need to be replaced. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

+1

I think you would benefit from a breast augmentation. I don't think you'll need a lift right now. You should see a board certified PS in your area.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast augmentation and mastopexy decision making

+1

I think you would have a nice result with a standard dual-plane breast augmentation. Saline or silicone implants would be fine. Make sure you speak with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Implants Vs. Lift

+1

So, all the doctors that were willing to make a suggestion said to do the lift. I agree. Your breasts will not look normal with implants alone. Implants will not lift your breasts, no matter how large or high profile. Saline implants are not going to make a difference either. (Medical advice from friends is never a good idea!)

'Round and perky' is only gotten with a lift and implant. If you're not ready for incisions, don't do anything at all.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Lift w implant vs implant alone

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss! I think that the answer really depends on your goal. If you would like a lot of upper pole fullness and roundness at the top, I would recommend a lift with implants. If you are looking for a very natural, but larger look, you may be able to get away with implants alone. Because you have some breast tissue that has dropped below your inframammary fold, an implant alone will not change that droop and will exacerbate it over time. I think that if you choose an augmentation alone for now, you will very likely need a lift in the future. I would recomment that during your consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, bring pictures of your desired look so that together, you can decide what procedure would help you acheive your goal.

Holly Casey Wall, MD, FACS
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

LIft or just implant?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Your photos make it difficult to assess you particularly because your arms are not at your sides and the frontal view is taken from an angle that is not straight on. You may be ok with just an implant, if not, you would probably not need more than a periareolar lift. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

David Cangello, MD

Breast lift or implants only?

+1

Personally, I would suggest a lift with implants to achieve more of the look you are describing.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon