Should I Get a Breast Lift or Implants and Breast Lift? (photo)

I am interested in getting a breast lift and to make my boobs the same size since one is bigger than the other. Im contemplating about breast implants too.However Im kind of scared of having something foreign in my body since Im satisfied with my breasts but they are just very droopy. However I dont want my breasts to be very small and loose after the lift either so if I got implants they would have to be small . So looking at the pictures should i get a lift or lift and implants?

Lift with or without implants

+1

Hi there-

It looks like you would benefit from a breast lift, with or without implants. The conversation necessary to responsibly advise you on the options is a long one, and require an in-person examination, as well as a careful discussion of your goals and the pros and cons of each-

Your best bet is NOT to try to identify the operation you want here (or anywhere else on the internet) and then find a surgeon willing to do it on you...

Your best bet is to FIRST find the best surgeon you can- someone you like and trust- THEN worry about the details of the procedure that professional recommends for you (after having the consultation with you I describe and performing a careful examination on you).

Should I Get a #BreastLift or #Implants and Breast Lift? (photo) ANS:

+1

I think you will need a full breast lift. I am a bit more aggressive in my approach in that I feel that a skin only lift and keeping you the same size by keeping most of your  breast tissue will result in a very early re-droop of your breasts. Your breast tissue doesn't have support now...why would it after surgery! So I remove much of your droopy natural tissue and use an implant well supported under the muscle. I want my patients to be more muscle-supported breast implant and less droopy breast tissue. But above all,, you do need a lift.

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get a Breast Lift or Implants and Breast Lift?

+1

Poorly angled photos do show a need for at least a lifting breast operation. As for implant it is a very personal choice. 

Breast lift with Strattice

+1
Based on the pictures you posted, you are an excellent candidate for a mastopexy (breast lift) alone without implants. This will keep your size the same. I like adding Strattice Contour for patients like yourself as an internal bra support for a long lasting uplifted look. Asymmetries are addressed at the same time as well. Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Mastopexy with or without implants

+1

I would agree with the previous comments and advice, but also add that the addition of an implant may allow you to achieve your goal brast shape with less scarring.  Depending on your goal, I would recommend a vertical mastopexy without an implant that would leave you with a lollipop scar or the other option would be a periareolar mastopexy with a small implant that would leave you with just a scar around your areola.  Consult  a board certified plastic surgeon and see examples of his/ her work.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

+1

Based on your wishes and the enclosed photos, I think you would get a great result from breast lift alone.  Your breasts will not be smaller, but simply lifted.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Plus or Minus Breast Implants?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on the description of your goals and your pictures provided, it is clear that you will benefit from breast lifting surgery.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Whether or not you choose to have breast implants will depend on  exactly what your goals are.  For example, if you are seeking to increase the “superior pole fullness",  then breast implants may be helpful.  During this decision-making process, you should carefully consider the pros/cons as well as the potential risk/complications associated with “foreign bodies” ( as you mentioned in your question).

Carefully consider what your goals are,  consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons ( ask to see lots of examples of their work),  and communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures).  He/she will be able to guide you depending on this communication.