Hi I Had a Breast Up-lift with Implants in 2007, I Have Gone to a 34dd/e, but my Breasts Have Drooped.

My nipples are lower down, should this happen after only 3 years, despite wearing a good supporting bra & sports bra in bed still. Is it because may be they are too heavy or not enough skin was taken in the up-lift. The implants do seem to be loose inside. Many thanks.

Breast Sagging after Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation

+1

The weight of the breast implants acts to accelerate the effect of gravity on the breast. This is likely the cause of your sagging three years after undergoing a breast augmentation with a breast lift. You have several options now which include removing the implants and performing a breast lift. You can also just perform another breast lift or perform a breast lift and changing your implants to a smaller size. This will reverse of the effects of gravity, but gravity will once again start taking effect. Your ultimate result will last longer with a smaller implant or no implant.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Gravity Causes Sagging with Large Implants

+1

Implants which are large enough to increase your cup size to a 34E are going to be heavy enough that they are likely to lead to a good bit of sagging.  It is simply a matter of gravity and very large implants will have the same effect on breasts (i.e. sagging) that extremely large breasts will have.

John Whitt, MD

Breast augmentation and lift

+1

With heavier implants, it puts more pressure on the skin and soft tissues.  This in turn can cause earlier sagging. You may need a breast lift.

Why are my Augmented / Lifted Breasts Sagging after ONLY 3 years?

+1

Regarding: "Hi I Had a Breast Up-lift with Implants in 2007, I Have Gone to a 34dd/e, but my Breasts Have Drooped.
My nipples are lower down, should this happen after only 3 years, despite wearing a good supporting bra & sports bra in bed still. Is it because may be they are too heavy or not enough skin was taken in the up-lift. The implants do seem to be loose inside. Many thanks
."

In addition to the certainty of death and taxes, we need to recognize and obey the fact that GRAVITY ALWAYS WINS. Unless you intended to live in outer space in zero gravity, the moment you stood up after assuming your 34DD/E sized breast, gravity began pulling them to its bosom (poor pun intended).

Look at 3 year old photographs of your face or that of celebrities. We all age and our tissues are pulled down.

In a Breast Lift a surgeon is asked to correct the wages of previous gravitational sins by removing stretched out skin, coning the breast and placing it back in a high youthful position to be acted upon (hopefully for many years) by unrelenting gravitational pull. BUT - this effort is largely negated by
- accentuating gravity by adding a large implant (as was done in your case)
- tanning
- smoking
- poor nutrition
- lack of wearing support with fitted bras (apparently not in your case)
- gaining or losing weight
- systemic disease
- ETC

The more we help gravity (all of the above), the faster the breasts will sag after a lift.

You may want to discuss your options with the surgeon and ask him what will give you the longest lasting perky breasts. It will involve going to a lighter / smaller implant.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Many factors cause drooping after a breast lift.

+1

You may need a revision.  Many factors can cause drooping including weight gain, weight loss and poor skin elasticity.  You should call your surgeon and see what an be offered to you to correct the drooping. 

If the nipples are low you need another lift

+1

If a lot of your own tissue was saved and it is heavy and if your skin elasticity is poor, you may see drooping ofthe nipple and need another lift done.  This time, more skin and tissue needs to be removed to lighten the weight and lessen the recurrence risk.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS