Had a breast lift no implants 11/2 yrs ago just had an infra mammary crease surgery.

Had this revision because the bottom of breast dropped or nipples were star gazing (not sure which is correct explanation) What is the recovery time for this procedure when will I be able to run and workout again? Is it much quicker than the lift/reduction surgery? Thank you

Recovery

+1
Although the procedure may seem less, and the discomfort less, the post op restrictions really are about the same as following the lift/reduction. The forces that contributed to the problem are still present.

Your own surgeon should be the one advising on return to activities, based on post-op follow up exams. I usually would allow light jogging at two weeks, with a sports bra as protection.  Things like weight lifting I would hold off on for up to 3 months.

Revision of the inframammary crease will require significant postop care to minimize recurrence.

+1
Hello Rosie43,
Thanks for your question.  When patients have already had surgery, I always recommend that they ask postoperative questions to their surgeon because each surgeon's answers will be different.  That being said, when I perform IMF correction surgery for a double bubble deformity or over descent of the implant, I place patients on fairly significant  restrictions.  In my practice, my patients are not allowed any exercise for the first 4 weeks after surgery.  Then they are allowed non-bouncing cardio with double sportsbras for the next four weeks.  After 2 months light upper body weight training is allowed and patients can start bouncing cardio.  Of course I adjust this as necessary for individual situations if necessary.  Of note, if my patients are extreme athletes as many women here in Denver can be, then I may even change out the plane of the implant from a subpectoral (under the muscle) one to a subglandular (over the muscle) one to avoid the downward push that occurs every time a pec muscle contracts.  Good supportive bras are necessary with this option as there is less support for the weight of the implant when they are placed above the muscle.
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon