I Had Breast Lift with Implants Done on 05/18 I Noticed One of my Stitches Looks Open W/ Some Discharge, is This Normal?

should i call my doctor and let him know? what do you think i should do?

One of my Stitches Looks Open W/ Some Discharge

+1

This could be trivial, as an extruding suture, or serious, as a fluid collection or seroma and this won't be solved on line. Call your surgeon.

Breast lift and discharge

+1

Drainage is normal 1 or 2 days after the surgery but it is abnormal after that.  There could be 2 problems.  It could be a deep problem with a seroma pending infection in the breast or it could be a local rash into the deep stitch, which is splitting and will heal as the stitch is removed.

John S. Poser, MD

Breast drainage

+1

If you have some drainage and an open wound, you should probably touch base with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Open breast wound

+1
Whenever there is a postoperative concern, you should see your operating surgeon. Given that we are closing in on July 4th holidays, it would be advisable to call now and not wait.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Recovery from Breast Lift

+1

Yes, if you see an open area of your incision or have concerns in general, it is best that you contact your surgeon to take a look.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Open wound and discharge after breast lift

+1

Yes, you should call your surgeon's office to discuss. They will be better able to advise you on how urgent you should be seen. It is probably just a "spitting suture" which is a minor nuisance.

Ronald Schuster, MD