Breast Lift or Just Implant? (photo)

Hi, I am currently considering getting an implant to increase my fullness. I am not sure if I really need a lift because the scars are not pleasant. I want to have breasts that look good and not scarred up. What do you think?

Breast Implant and Lift Best for Sagging Breast

+2

Thank you for your question.  A breast augmentation alone will restore volume to your breast.  However you do have ptosis or sagging of the breast and from your photograph it would appear that you would have a better result if you have a breast lift and breast augmentation with implants.Generally speaking when the nipple is below the crease beneath your breast a lift is required to avoid the implant pushing the nipple further down and creating a "Snoopy Deformity".

Breast implant and lift

+2

I recommend getting a lift at the same time as your augmentation for the best shape and contour. If you get implants alone, your breasts will be bigger but will look droopy. On one hand you could argue this looks natural since large breasts sag with age, but if you want them to be full and have a nice youthful contour, you would need a lift. I've learned that not all patients care to have the breasts in a youthful or perky position, that some just want them bigger and will rely on a bra for raising them up. If that is the case, or if you're not sure about the lift, you can always get the implants and decide a few months later whether or not you want a lift. A lift can always be done later, but you can't take it back once you do it, so be sure before you commit. The trade off for a lift is the scar, so you have to believe it's worth it for you.

Anita Patel, MD

Breast lift for you

+2

Based on these photos, you look to have too much downward relaxation of the breast to do well with an implant alone.  Implants only make you a bigger version of what you already are, they do not lift the breast or move the nipples north.  While you probably won't be happy, you could alwasy do the implants first then decide to do the lift later after seeing what the implants alone can do.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Surgery

+1

Perky for you will definitely need a lift do not let anyone convince you that an implant will lift your breast

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

For Best Breast Enhancement Results

+1

For best results a breast lift with implants is necessary to produce the best aesthetic outcome. It will bring back the fullness and reverse the dropping effect. Get the results you want from one surgery instead of having to do the work twice. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

BA with lift

+1

Thank you for the pictures. I would recommend an augmentation with a lift at the same time. This will not only reinflate your breast but also raise your nipple and tighten the skin.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Necessary?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Unfortunately, you will not do well with breast augmentation surgery alone.

However, if you ask enough plastic surgeons the same question,  you will eventually hear the answer you are hoping to hear.  Based on your pictures, in my opinion, you will certainly benefit from breast lifting surgery. I would not offer you breast augmentation surgery alone.

If I were in your shoes, I would concentrate on due diligence in the selection of plastic surgeon.  This careful selection, as opposed to selecting a plastic surgeon who will do the operation you are hoping for,  will be the most important decision you make when it comes to the successful achievement of your goals.

Many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.  If, after careful consideration, you decide that the  resulting scras would be “unpleasant”, then you should avoid breast surgery.
 Also, stay away from “minimal” breast lifting operations (such as “crescent” breast lifting operations),  that are frequently associated with minimal results and carry the potential of unsatisfactory outcome as well.

You may find the attached link helpful to you.

You will need a lift

+1

The simple answer is that you will need a lift.  Implants only will leave you with a snoopy deformity. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Definitely breast lift and breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  A combined breast augmentation and breast lift will provide the very best result.  A breast augmentation alone will increase the breast volume but will do nothing to reshape your existing breast tissue.  Below is a link from one of my breast augmentation and breast lift patients.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD