Resuming Fitness Class After Breast Lift and Implant Replacement

I teach a Latin cardio fitness class. I am having a breast implants replacement (because of a leak) and a vertical breast lift. How long before I can teach again? My implants are placed behind the muscle and are saline and are being replaced with saline.

Exercise after breast surgery

+3

The critical answer is to do what your own surgeon recommends, not what we tell you.  In my practice, though, I will allow light cardio (increased HR/BP) after 2 weeks and full activity by 4 weeks except heavy chest exercise.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

How long after Breast Enhancement can I resume vigorous exercise?

+2

Hi there-

It is very important that you ask your surgeon this question, as only he/she will have the detailed understanding of your particular surgical procedure necessary to answer this responsibly.

In general, if you were my patient, I would not want you to resume this activity for at least 4-6 weeks after surgery, and the exact date would depend on how you were healing (based on our postoperative visits together).

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Exercise after Breast Implant Replacement and Breast Lift

+2

The good news here is that you already have implants. So exchanging the implants involves minimal surgery. An incision is made, the capsule is entered, the old implants removed and the new implants are placed-simple. The breast lift is more or less essentially a skin procedure.

So I recommend patients return to easy exercise after 10-14 days. The initial risk is bleeding due to increased blood pressure during exercise. This risk is gone by 14 days. Since the muscle won't be effected I would allow you to return to your class by week three.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Post-operative exericse regimen after Breast lift/augmentation

+1

I usually have my patients limit exertional acitivity after surgery. The last thing that you want is a complication. I instruct patients to avoid aerobic type exercises for 3-4 weeks after surgery and weight lifting, etc. for 6-8 weeks.

Resuming Exercise After Breast Surgery

+1

I generally recommend no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 4 weeks after implant exchange and breast lift surgery. As my colleagues have written, you need to give time for your incisions to heal. Once I have evaluated my patient at 4 weeks, I will clear them to slowly and gradually resume activity as tolerated.

Weekly follow ups may be needed after your breast lift and implant placement

+1

In my practice, I recommend a minimum of 3 weeks but I would follow you weekly in office visits to determine if I would allow you to resume these activities. Be careful. Regards and Merry Merry.

Cardio class after breast lift and implant replacement

+1

Arbitrarily, I would say 4-6 weeks as a minimum. Although initial healing is complete by 2-3 weeks wound remodeling and maturation goes on for months after surgery. If your wounds are healed and you cleared it with your surgeon you MUST keep the breast extremely well supported whenever jogging or exercising.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Everything must be fully healed after any surgery before exercise

+1

Whether teaching or taking exercise classes, all incisions must be healed so as to not expose the implants to possible infection. The scars also will do better long term if they are allowed to heal without stress on the scars. Basically listen to your doctor and listen to your body. There is no gain from pushing the start date for the class.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Resuming fitness after surgery

+1

I would recommend waiting at least 4 weeks (preferably 6) before resuming either teaching or participating in fitness classes. It takes a minimum of 3 weeks for your wound closures to reach their maximal tensile strength. There is an increased chance for several more days of having your scars widen more than they might otherwise with the movements which you would be doing.

+1

The In most cases I would limit my patient' activity to avoid high implant exercise for a minimum of 3 weeks.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/