Combining Breast Lift, Implant Size Reduction and Tummy Tuck Possible?

Is it possible to get a breast lift, breast implants size reduction and tummy tuck all at once? I have no natural breast tissue left, thin skin with little elasticity. I'd like to reduce my silicon 550cc down to a small implant (200-250cc) with minimal scarring.

My tummy is stretched below my belly button and it appears to be all tissue/skin. Even when I lower my body fat to 12-15%, the tummy does not improve. I'm 5'9, 30 years old and fit.

Combining breast surgery and tummy tuck

+3

In many practices, these surgeries are combined. Patients must understand that complication rates are probably higher when procedures are combined, and there may be risks in addition to those if the procedures were performed individually. In large series of patients, however, combined surgeries, when performed expediently by experienced surgeons, have very low complication rates.

It would not, in my experience, be advisable to reduce the implant size by 50% and perform anything but a Wise pattern incision, so I would not recommend a minimal incision alternative for that problem.

For the abdominal portion of the surgery, there appears to be extra skin, especially around the belly button. It might be possible to perform a version of the Hybrid tummy tuck(R) in which the deep tissue is fully tightened (reducing or eliminating the space between the muscles), redoing the belly button, and performing a low, small resection of the skin at about the level of a C-section incision.

Combining Breast and Abdominal Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on the description of your health status and goals,  I think you should do well combining the procedures you are contemplating  in a single stage procedure.

Please make sure you're working with a well experienced  board-certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist in a fully accredited surgery center or hospital.

Combination surgeries have grown very common

+2

Nowadays it is very common to combine abdominal surgery (tummy tuck) or liposuction with breast surgeries.

If the patient has the right indications, and she is healthy and received a good medical clearance, then this procedure can be performed as an inpatient or as an outpatient.

The current use of pain pumps in abdominoplasty have helped in making the abdominoplasty post operative recovery better tolerated.

Arturo Guiloff, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Combining breast implant exchange, breast lift, and tummy tuck

+2

It is possible to combine a breast implant exchange, breast lift (mastopexy) and tummy tuck provided you are in good overall health. This should be confirmed by visiting your primary care physician and receiving medical clearance which typically involves an EKG, labs, and a comprehensive physical exam. Also, your plastic surgeon should be able to complete all the procedures in a reasonable amount of time. Whether you may need to stay at an overnight facility after the surgery is another issue to discuss with your plastic surgeon.

One important issue I would recommend discussing with your plastic surgeon is the idea of just removing your implants at this surgery (while doing the tummy tuck) and at a later time, perhaps six months later, doing the breast lift with implant replacement. The reason this is helpful is to be able to better predict the type of incision needed and to allow the breast skin to shrink and contract (especially since you're considering going from 550 to 250 cc). You may be able to avoid some unnecessary scars by waiting on the lift and exchange; and doing it in a "staged" fashion.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Combining procedures

+2

Hi,

Thank you for your question!

Yes, these procedures can be performed at the same time on the right patient and by the right surgeon. This should be done by a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience in combining these specific procedures. However, anytime procedures are combined, the amount of time in the OR is increased so this also increases your risks for surgery. It is important to understand this fully.

It would also depend on which type of each procedure you have as well.You should have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to make sure that you are a good candidate to combine the procedures. Multiple procedures are often staged in a couple surgeries but can be done together in the select patient.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Combining several procedures is possible

+2

It is possible to perform all of this procedures in one sitting. From this picture, the implants appear to be subglandular. I would recommend change the pocket to under the muscle. The lift will most likely require a T incision, I would recommend tailoring the size at the time of surgery. For the abdomen, a mini-abdominoplasty will probably be enough. When consulting with a surgeon I would recommend to check their credentials.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and tummy tuck are often combined

+2

Procedures are often combined in cosmetic surgery to help reduce the cost, and reduce the recovery or down time after a procedure. The key to combined procedures is safety and a pleasant experience. If the combined procedures are lengthy, say over four to five hours, the risk of a smooth recovery may be affected. Also, if the combination, say submuscular breast augmentation and significant muscle repair during a tummy tuck, make you distinctly uncomfortable and the experience a regret despite a good result (the I'd never do that again scenario) then it may be best to consider separating the procedures into two happier events.

The combination you purpose is a good one however, and you should expect to do well.

Combining breast revision and a tummy tuck

+2

Your breasts do not go along with the rest of your physique very well so downsizing the implants and going below the muscle if they are not already is very reasonable. You will for sure need a full lift with a crease incision because of how much extra skin you will have to deal with.

With respect to your abdomen, a tummy tuck will tighten the lax skin but you will have a slightly higher scar than some because of the fact that you don't have that much extra skin.

These surgeries can be safely combined if your surgeon can do them in a reasonable amount of time. For me, it would take about 4 hours because of all the sewing involved. You should never electively go longer than 6 hours because of the increased risk to your health.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast and tummy surgery

+2

It is perfectly fine to exchange breast implants and perform a breast lift along with a tummy tuck. I do this all the time. It really is no problem.

Breast and tummy surgery at the same time should be fine

+2

Breast and tummy surgery at the same time should be fine. Your breast implant size can be reduced, but there will be significant scrs, which will be permanent. Your abdomen will be best served by a 'Low Scar' Abdominoplasty with full undermining and 'free float' of the umbilicus.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD